Help me pass emissions...wr400

41 replies to this topic
  • PoorComa

Posted May 28, 2008 - 09:23 PM

You are only being tested while your bike is at idle. The three carb settings that control mixture at idle are: Fuel screw, pilot jet, and pilot air jet. The rest of them you shouldn't have to worry about for the purposes of passing emissions.

You listed that your jetting is currently stock. Is the bike still stock, or have the free mods been done to it? Does it still have the ACV (octopus)? The free mods - especially removal of the ACV can have a significant effect on the jetting.

I'm not sure what the ACV is. How can I tell if I still have it or not? When you refer to octopus all I think of are all the tubes hanging from the carb.....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • krust36

Posted May 29, 2008 - 08:46 AM

The ACV is the octopus. See this thread for a description of the change and a picture of the bike with the ACV removed.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.