GYT-R Pipe for 2007 WR450

6 replies to this topic
  • SD Jarhead

Posted May 09, 2008 - 01:12 PM

Looking to get your thoughts on the Yamaha pipe. Just bought an '07 with that pipe (not just the insert) and am wondering if anyone feels it is a better or worse upgrade than other replacement options.

Thanks!
(This is my cherry post)

BTW- I have a brand new, stock pipe from the '07 that came with the bike if anyone is interested...

• SD Jarhead

Posted May 13, 2008 - 08:32 PM

I know I'm a newbie here, but damn...Does anyone have an opinion on this pipe? It seems a bit restricted compared to my old YZ (Yosh pipe).

Just wondering if I should consider a different pipe or if anyone has one on their bike an likes it.

Again, I appreciate any feedback...thanks.

• KennyMc

Posted May 13, 2008 - 09:55 PM

Can't give ya what I don't have. I have the FMF powercore slip-on and the bike runs great. Never rode it stock though. Some things I will never do:busted:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted May 13, 2008 - 10:11 PM

I rode my 07 wr450 with the gyt-r full system on it for a day . it was off my friend's 06 yz while he was rebuilding it . It seem to make every bit of power that my fmf system makes but was a bit louder then I wanted for on my street legal bike. so I ordered the the lowest db pipe Fmf had listed at the time.

• cjimenRR

Posted May 13, 2008 - 10:24 PM

If it's already on the bike and you like how it sounds then leave it alone. An exhaust is an exhaust your riding skills (or mine for that matter) are probably not at a pro's level so we'll never notice the diffrence between a $200 system or $900. Instaed to a search for all the free mods and enjoy the ride

• drtbk4ever

Posted May 14, 2008 - 07:51 AM

If it's already on the bike and you like how it sounds then leave it alone. An exhaust is an exhaust your riding skills (or mine for that matter) are probably not at a pro's level so we'll never notice the diffrence between a $200 system or $900. Instaed to a search for all the free mods and enjoy the ride

I agree. Since it is already on the bike leave it. The Gytr is a big step up from the stocker and I'll bet you wouldn't find a huge improvement by upgrading to a new exhaust or even by going to a YZ pipe.

If you got cash burning a hole in your pocket I would suggest you throw it at the suspension, not the exhaust. Suspension tuning will make you alot faster than a new pipe.

• SD Jarhead

Posted May 14, 2008 - 04:56 PM

Thanks guys...Since I haven't ridden it with a stock pipe I really have no idea. I do appreciate the feedback though.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.