Broc Hepler on a 450

9 replies to this topic
  • nori41

Posted May 09, 2008 - 06:57 AM

• DPW

Posted May 15, 2008 - 01:59 PM

Hepler injured while preparing for the AMA Outdoor National Season opener
- press release -

Cypress California, May 15, 2008 – Yamaha Factory rider Broc Hepler crashed yesterday while out practicing in preparation for his attack on the 2008 AMA Nationals. Broc had adapted almost immediately to the 2008 YZ450F and looked to be a very strong contender for the title.

In the crash Broc suffered a clean break to the ulna bone in his right arm just below his elbow. To help the healing process and insure a speedy recovery Broc underwent surgery on the arm Wednesday night and had a small plate installed.

Broc’s prognosis looks very good, with the current recovery timeline seeing Broc in a cast for 3 weeks and off the bike in the neighborhood of 6 to 8 weeks.

“I’m just really bummed right now. Everything was going so well. I absolutely love the 2008 YZ450F and now because of one tiny mistake I’m back on the injured list. Everything went extremely well with the surgery though and I can’t wait to get back on the bike”, said Broc Hepler.

“This is just really unfortunate as Broc had made amazing progress during all of our YZ450F testing. I’m glad to hear everything went well with his surgery and I’m looking forward to his return in the middle of the Nationals”, said Team Manager Jim Perry.

No exact date has been set for Broc’s return.

• intensem1rider

Posted May 15, 2008 - 05:15 PM

He's been on the injured list longer than he has been off it, the kid is a disaster waiting to happen.

• grayracer513

Posted May 15, 2008 - 06:11 PM

.... the kid is a disaster waiting to happen.

More like a Disaster in Progress.

• rmzRacer293

Posted May 15, 2008 - 06:12 PM

sux to hear. hes a good rider. i was looking forward to seeing him on a 450. ecspecially after the moto-x world championships.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted May 15, 2008 - 07:43 PM

So does that leave Josh Hill as the only factory 450 blue bike?
Reed, Langston, Ramsey, Hepler: gone or out

• swaldrop

Posted May 15, 2008 - 07:53 PM

So does that leave Josh Hill as the only factory 450 blue bike?
Reed, Langston, Ramsey, Hepler: gone or out

I believe you are correct.

• yz4fun

Posted May 15, 2008 - 08:01 PM

i like hill ,he just needs to be more consistent,...:thumbsup:

• YamaLink

Posted May 16, 2008 - 03:55 AM

If Joe Gibbs Racing's Gavin Gracyk isn't hurt, I bet he'd put a Yamaha top 5 before year's end.

• Ga426owner

Posted May 16, 2008 - 05:40 AM

geez this kid can not stay off the injury list....time for yami to find some new talent...

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.