Radiator $300!!

8 replies to this topic
  • butasan

Posted May 08, 2008 - 10:27 PM

I've squashed one of the radiators of my 07' WR450 when I crashed the other day.

I was so surprised that the radiator costs $300!! while CRF450R's radiator only costs $199.

I've realized that yamaha's genuine parts are unacceptably over priced. I do not understand wonder why they do that.

Is there any after-market radiator that would fit WR? There is no way I am paying $300 just for that!

• Birdy426

Posted May 08, 2008 - 10:35 PM

Send your munched one to Myler's in Utah...they work miracles for cheap!

• mikenash

Posted May 09, 2008 - 08:07 AM

:thumbsup:

Send your munched one to Myler's in Utah...they work miracles for cheap!

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 09, 2008 - 08:19 AM

Or if that won't work, get a set (2, R & L) of Fluidyne's right here on TT for $400, they are last radiators you will ever buy... they are bad ass and a fraction of the cost of OEM... Yamaha is on crack with this radiator pricing... it's been that much since 1999 :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stormatzio

Posted May 09, 2008 - 08:28 AM

How bad is the damage? I have a local radiator shop that will fix my motorcycle radiators if they have a crack, leak, or even bent up a little. There might be one near you so you don't have to send it out, but as previous posts have said, Myler's is awesome. When my local shop laughs at me, I pack it up and send it out to them. I have sent them some busted up, bent, tweeked stuff that I didn't think was repairable and it comes back looking great. Remember, if your radiator is smashed in, twisted, and crushed into a little ball, they won't be able to make it look brand new, but it won't leak and will be a whole lot better then it was before. Other then the aforementioned, you will be very pleased.

• bg10459

Posted May 09, 2008 - 09:45 AM

They're less than $200 here --->>>http://www.crotchroc...tion_detail.asp

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 09, 2008 - 10:03 AM

Good find!

• butasan

Posted May 12, 2008 - 04:19 PM

How come they are so cheap? I thought genuine parts had same prices anywhere. Very interesting.

It seems Myler's works for me. I will send mine to them when I go to a vacation this summer.

Thanks guys!:thumbsup:

• WIRE-DOC

Posted May 12, 2008 - 06:13 PM

Next time. WORKS CAGES!100.00

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.