01 yz426 weight shaving?

4 replies to this topic
  • Pilotguy28

Posted May 08, 2008 - 05:42 PM

What can I buy other than a newer bike to shave weight on my 01 yz426? Also short of a alum subframe. What bolt-ons?

• Birdy426

Posted May 08, 2008 - 05:58 PM

Not a lot that's not a lot of money. Converting to 450 plastic (tank, airbox, subframe, fenders and seat) will save about 4 lbs but it will feel like more because it carries the weight lower. Look on e-bay for parts, and search this forum for details. A Ti pipe (including the header) will save a pound or two, but you won't hardly notice it. Other than that, Ti bolts, axles, etc but are big buckaroos.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pilotguy28

Posted May 08, 2008 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for the reply. Thats what I was thinking. This think feels like a tank on a mx track.

• Ga426owner

Posted May 08, 2008 - 06:21 PM

well unfortunately it was a tank ... compared to newer bikes. I had 4 of them 99-2002

• pamatt

Posted May 08, 2008 - 06:31 PM

A titanium shock spring will save 4-7 pounds. If you can find ti fork springs that will save another 2 pounds.

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.