Rear foot pegs

6 replies to this topic
  • canyonclimb

Posted May 08, 2008 - 05:11 PM

Hey, anyone put on some rear foot pegs? I am looking for some so I can take my wife on some short rides. I found these (link below) but I didn't want to spend 250 bones to get em. Any cheaper ones out there that are bolt on(not weld on)? I ride an 04 wr450.
Canyon
http://fourstrokeson...sengerpegs.html

• taycam

Posted May 08, 2008 - 06:05 PM

I'm in the process of making some bolt on ones for my 07, I'll post pics when I'm done

• matt4x4

Posted May 09, 2008 - 03:02 AM

your subframe and suspension aren't made for passengers even though your seat looks like it could support two people.
I wouldn't do it, you're bound to get some damage with two adults on it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • canyonclimb

Posted May 09, 2008 - 09:00 AM

your subframe and suspension aren't made for passengers even though your seat looks like it could support two people.

I'm not going through the bumps with two adults, it's only for short rides with the family. around a park and such. I think I may weld a nut onto my subframe and go that route. I'd love to see those pics when your done bolting yours as well.
thanks.

• Idaho450

Posted May 10, 2008 - 09:17 PM

Be careful! That chain will be whizzin' right by their leg.

Not a good idea!

• taycam

Posted May 12, 2008 - 03:48 AM

Be careful! That chain will be whizzin' right by their leg.

Not a good idea!

I would just use rear pegs for short rides for kids (light weight) and emergencies,Wr450 is not sprung for extra weight, Im also fabricating a chain guard at the same time (good point idaho450:thumbsup: )

• MountainMax

Posted May 18, 2008 - 01:21 PM

how is it going to cost $250.00 for a set of $99.00 pegs?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.