New Look!*!*!*!*!*!*!

24 replies to this topic
  • Guy

Posted May 11, 2002 - 12:36 AM

:) I'd just like to pass my congratulations on to the TT bosses, The new Look is really good

• Thumpster

Posted May 11, 2002 - 04:33 AM

Nice work! Less strain on the eyes with the new white background. However, I did like the old "high lighted" feature on previously read topics. That's minor, the new look is great.

Good job TT guys! :)

• Jim_Duberg

Posted May 11, 2002 - 07:01 AM

Too bad the "new look" could not be achieved without abandoning support for browsers other than IE.

• Steve_Claus

Posted May 11, 2002 - 07:05 AM

Originally posted by Jim Duberg:
Too bad the "new look" could not be achieved without abandoning support for browsers other than IE.

I hear ya...and maybe for the next release we'll bring the Netscape guys along, but for now 95% of our users are IE and I'm the only one doing development (in addition to a *new* full-time job, a wife, and a 6 year old son). Maybe next release... :)

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted May 11, 2002 - 07:27 AM

Nice job guys!!!!!!!!!!

• wrsm

Posted May 11, 2002 - 07:58 AM

Good work Steve

BTW thumpster - the text changes to black on previously read topics, just takes a little getting used to.

• Thumpster

Posted May 11, 2002 - 03:32 PM

Yeah, you're right,
I'm blind in one eye and can't see out the other, must be going color blind too! :)

[ May 11, 2002: Message edited by: Thumpster ]

• S_Phillips

Posted May 11, 2002 - 03:35 PM

sorry guys but I like the dark back ground better.

to me the dark is much easier on the eyes.

is there a way to change it back in my profile? :)

• evl2evil

Posted May 11, 2002 - 03:47 PM

I agree with s phillip's the dark background was easier on my eye's,but i'll just have to deal with it.Just a minor detail though.I appreciate your effort's to improve the thumper talk forum and i don't mean to offend the guy's that worked on it.

• MOmilkman

Posted May 11, 2002 - 05:35 PM

Looks great guys.

We really appreciate all the hard work and time you dedicate to helping us 9-5'ers slide in a little T-Time throughout the workday.

I dont think I would make it through the week with out it! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gsrthomas

Posted May 11, 2002 - 09:20 PM

The new look is great!

• Sean_McCutcheon

Posted May 13, 2002 - 12:38 AM

The site looks great!

• Littlefoot

Posted May 13, 2002 - 03:53 AM

I have to say a dark background is easier on the eyes.

• Taffy

Posted May 13, 2002 - 01:10 PM

yep dark background for me too. i didn't want it at first now i like it lots and miss it.

there was also something soothing about seeing the thumpertalk logo in the same font but it's now changed twice in what seems like 6 months.

do i like the changes? well i don't mind them but everything is getting bigger and more strung out.

• RSA210

Posted May 13, 2002 - 01:13 PM

I think a dark background would be much better on the eyes as well.My .02 cents

• Mitch_R

Posted May 13, 2002 - 04:55 PM

The site looks great, but I too agree that the dark background is a little easier to stare at for hours :) I thinks it is great that you have added links to the ama and BRC hopefully we can get that many more people involved. How about adding a CORVA link for all of us in CA, while your at it why not post all the local access groups. By the way CORVA's web address is The info and community that has evolved from this site is great. Thanks for all your hard work... :D

• Tim_in_WA

Posted May 13, 2002 - 07:28 PM

I too liked the darker background. I miss the original blue background that we first started with. Either way, a big thanks to all who have a hand in keeping this site going. Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated.

• MAZ

Posted May 13, 2002 - 10:25 PM

Darker is the go for dust filled eyes. But the work put in is much appreciated.

• The_Missile

Posted May 13, 2002 - 11:46 PM

I too miss the dark background, but in general fine work and much appreciated.

• thumper4life

Posted May 14, 2002 - 02:13 AM

is it possible for rooms to take a vote and have seperate background colors for different rooms?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.