handle bar bag, or rear fender bag

24 replies to this topic
  • wartsnuff

Posted May 08, 2008 - 10:03 AM

Hey Guys,

does anyone have any suggestions and pics of there carry bags. for wallet and possibly GPS stuff like that ?

some pics of your setup would be great also!

cheers
Warts

• William1

Posted May 08, 2008 - 10:19 AM

I run a fender bag on the rear at times. I try to avoid adding any weight to the front end unless I have to.

• oldmanx

Posted May 08, 2008 - 11:19 AM

I have a Moose rear fender bag on my WR450. It comes in handy for carrying cell phone, tow strap, small roll of TP, parts that fall off/get knocked off while away from the truck. Even at 6'2", I curse its location when trying to swing a leg over the seat from the downhill side of the bike.....

• PBDBLUE

Posted May 08, 2008 - 12:21 PM

Take a look at the Fastboy pack from Dirt-Bike-Gear. Nice low profile and has a zippered compartment inside for your wallet, etc. This is the second bag I have bought from them and the quality is top notch:thumbsup:

http://www.dirt-bike...ender_bags.html

• Birdy426

Posted May 08, 2008 - 06:05 PM

Props on the birt bike gear bags. I have a ballistic bag on the back of my WR and love it. As far as the GPS, get a RAM mount and mount it up on the bars where you can use it! I'll try to post some pics of my set up later (gotta do yard work while there's still a bit of daylight left...)

• KennyMc

Posted May 08, 2008 - 08:24 PM

Hey Guys,

does anyone have any suggestions and pics of there carry bags. for wallet and possibly GPS stuff like that ?

some pics of your setup would be great also!

cheers
Warts

As far as the GPS goes, I have the RAM mount and have hard-wired it to the baterry as well.

Posted Image

• wartsnuff

Posted May 09, 2008 - 12:41 PM

thanks Guys,

much appreciated, i need to get a bag for the warmer weather.

right now i am still riding with jacket so i got lots of pockets.

thanks again
cheers
Warts

• MaxPower

Posted May 09, 2008 - 02:02 PM

[COLOR="Green"]I dont like anything on my bars and my have a tought time swinging my leg over a bag on the rear fender.So I use a fanny pack.I dont even know it is there[/COLOR]

• Diesel_Junkie

Posted May 09, 2008 - 04:21 PM

I use a fanny pack style tool pouch. I got the fox brand one. You can fit a lot more in one of those than you think.

No weight added to the bike, and if its a short trip for some hill climbs or something near camp, it is really easy to leave behind.

Origionally I wanted a fender pouch, but a lot of people talked me out of it.

I also got a good size otter box that fits in the outter pouch of the fanny pack. The box fits my cell phone, camera, and a pair of sunglasses all at the same time, plus its waterproof and mostly crush proof, and padded on the inside.

I can fit all of that, plus a bunch of tools, a small lunch, and some maps. Doubles as kidney protection too.

• DeeCee

Posted May 09, 2008 - 05:54 PM

+1 on the fanny pack. I looked at the handlebar and rear bag options and decided on the fanny pack. Pleased I did. Surprisingly you do not notice it once you get going.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • S2P

Posted May 09, 2008 - 07:08 PM

I bought a Joe Rocket Manta tank bag. It's magnetic ,but all but the bottom magnets come out. I hooked it up with a nylon strap around the seat/tank mount, and ran the vent hose through the front. No problems with it on the highway, the bag was around $29.00.
Posted Image
Posted Image

• John221ex

Posted May 10, 2008 - 11:40 AM

I, too, vote for the fanny pack. You'll never know it's there except when needed.

• Humunn

Posted May 11, 2008 - 06:58 AM

Take a look at the Fastboy pack from Dirt-Bike-Gear. Nice low profile and has a zippered compartment inside for your wallet, etc. This is the second bag I have bought from them and the quality is top notch:thumbsup:

http://www.dirt-bike...ender_bags.html

+1 on the small rear fender bag from dirt-bike-gear.com. Most of my tools fit in there. A couple of the lighter items go in my backpack. For the front go with the Wolfman enduro pack. Been using the same one for years and it is as good today as when it was new.

Greg

• wartsnuff

Posted May 11, 2008 - 07:09 AM

thanks for all the replies guys.

and all the good advice input.

cheers
Warts

• dustdogg

Posted May 11, 2008 - 07:46 AM

I have a hydration/backpack secured to my Shift chest protector with zip ties, and I also use a Moose XCR fanny pack for my tools. Between these two packs I can carry everything I need. I actually like the fanny pack better than I thought I would. The weight is not really noticable and it is very easy to get to. I did not want to use one of those rear fender packs because my WR already sits high enough and the scuffs on the rear fender from my boot tell me that I will have issues swingin my leg over the bike. The choice is yours. Get what you feel will work best for you:ride: .

• weathergeek

Posted May 11, 2008 - 08:19 AM

I prefer a rear fender pack. I can carry some rudimentary tools three waters and a few other things. My son calls it a "geek pack".:rolleyes: I tell him it is a pack that will keep his dumb ass out of trouble as it has for him and others in the past and on the trail.:thumbsup:

Here are a couple of pics of what I have done:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• weathergeek

Posted May 11, 2008 - 08:21 AM

I have a Moose rear fender bag on my WR450. It comes in handy for carrying cell phone, tow strap, small roll of TP, parts that fall off/get knocked off while away from the truck. Even at 6'2", I curse its location when trying to swing a leg over the seat from the downhill side of the bike.....

God isn't that the truth. Especially for us old and height challenged people.

• weathergeek

Posted May 11, 2008 - 08:23 AM

As far as the GPS goes, I have the RAM mount and have hard-wired it to the baterry as well.

Posted Image

Hey Kenshaw, our setups look very similar. Did you hardwire your GPS with a 12 volt receptacle wired directly to the battery?

• JMathis

Posted May 12, 2008 - 03:20 AM

S2P,

I see you are in Ohio. Are you coming to Zaleski for the Hanging Rock 200 this weekend? If you have nothing to do and want to have a great ride, load up the bike and come on down.

• matt4x4

Posted May 12, 2008 - 03:33 AM

moose racing rear fender bag, it has a cynch strap inside to secure items, a zipper pocket inside lid, and you can unzip the perimeter where the stiffening plasic liner goes for things like license, keys etc.
I carry a couple of stuff sacks in there, one with first aid/survival gear, the other with basic tools, plugs and such, there's always some room left over in it.
Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.