YZ rear wheel questions

2 replies to this topic
  • canute

Posted May 08, 2008 - 09:47 AM

I'm not sure which group to post this question in (yz400 or yz250), so i'll start here...
I have a 1998 yz400f 19" spare rear wheel that i wanted to put onto the 2003 yz250f (which has a slightly beat-up 18" wheel)!!
Well it turns out that the axle diameter on the 400f is smaller than that of the 250f, and so the 250f's axle will not pass through the spacer or wheel bearing of the 400f wheel.:eek:

I wanted to put a paddle on the 18" and just keep it for dune rides and be usable for either bike.

Anyway i guess my questions are;
does any one have ideas as to how i can;
- mount the 19" 400f wheel on the 250f
- use the 18" wheel for both rides once the paddle is installed

Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted May 08, 2008 - 09:55 AM

The only remotely practical way to do that is to have the axle slot in the 400 machined larger to accept the 22mm axle, then shop for bearings that fit that axle, and customize the axle spacers, brake hanger, etc., to fit.

All in all, not very practical, really.

• canute

Posted May 08, 2008 - 11:23 AM

Thanks for the quick response... i figured i was "hosed" , but thought i would check the brain trust anyway though :eek:
Cheers

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.