need a new motor wr400 or 426

5 replies to this topic
  • ShmUDE

Posted May 08, 2008 - 09:16 AM

I blew mine yesterday and now need a new one. Where should i be looking? craigslist? ebay? haven't seen anything.

• jmalkames

Posted May 08, 2008 - 06:59 PM

what happened to the motor? i have a 1998 yz400 and have been contemplating a more woods friendly setup. let me know what you are going to do with the old motor.

• matt4x4

Posted May 09, 2008 - 03:00 AM

It's probably cheaper to fix yourself unless you cracked cases or something....
What went wrong?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ShmUDE

Posted May 09, 2008 - 08:16 AM

this is my supermoto bike. I was buzzing around a corner in second gear, hard on the gas, went to shift (or was really close to shifting) and it went crunch. Bike died and coasted to the size of the road. Cracked the lower case in half under the cylinder . The top of the pic is towards the front of the bike, exhaust on the right and the oil lines are in the middle.
Posted Image

• ShmUDE

Posted May 09, 2008 - 08:17 AM

this is the second motor ive blown in this bike. The first was the top end.

This motor only had about 3 hours on it.

• jmalkames

Posted May 09, 2008 - 05:40 PM

id be intrested in the wr transmission (if you have a good one), and the wr flywheel/lighting coil setup.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.