Torque Wrench

2 replies to this topic
  • Sean_McCutcheon

Posted November 21, 2002 - 02:56 AM

I am looking to get a torque wrench soon and want to know which one is the best. I haven't went and looked at them yet. I would like to get a craftsman. I need to know what ranges craftsman makes there torque wrench's in. I need one that reads foot pounds right. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted November 21, 2002 - 06:23 AM

Sean,

I have 3 Craftsman Torque Wrenches, starting at 15 inch lbs all the way through 110 Ft Lbs. Each ran aproximately $59.00 to $79.00 each. Mine have lasted 3 years so far and cost about $35.00 a year to have them calibrated...(My snapper guy sends them out for me). They are all good quality.

Bill McCutcheon

• yamaha.dude

Posted November 21, 2002 - 10:12 AM

I doubt you will get one wrench that will accurately do all you need to do on a bike.

I would suggest a 1/4" drive inch lbs one, and a 1/2" drive foot lbs one, if you only buy 2... where the 1/4" one starts to get past 80% of it's range, the 1/2" one should be about 15- 20% of it's range - they are less than 3 or 4% accurate in the first or last 20% of their rated range. Spend a bit on half-decent ones, and they should serve you well...

HTH,

David

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.