I tried this one in the jetting forum with no replies

6 replies to this topic
  • matt16631

Posted May 07, 2008 - 06:41 AM

My friend gave me an unused jet kit made for an 04-05 yfz 450 quad; will this jet kit work on my 08 yz 450f? Are the carbs the same? If they are, then it should work right? Or, am I completely off? Thanks for any replies.

• Kasjok

Posted May 07, 2008 - 06:47 AM

Well the carbs might be the same but that doesn`t matter. Engines are different.

• matt16631

Posted May 07, 2008 - 07:39 AM

Maybe I should rephrase my question; if I want to change the main jet from #160 to #168 and the kit has a #168 in it, is the #168 in this kit the same as any other #168 jet for the same brand carb? :eek:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kasjok

Posted May 07, 2008 - 07:41 AM

It is.

• grayracer513

Posted May 07, 2008 - 08:51 AM

The two carbs in this case are of the series of FCR Keihins, although they are different models, and as Kasjok pointed out, the engines are quite different. He is also correct in that the jets themselves are interchangeable between the two.

What likely would not work (but possibly could) would be the needle, if any. The taper profile and diameters are apt to be somewhat different from what your bike would like.

• matt16631

Posted May 07, 2008 - 09:30 AM

The two carbs in this case are of the series of FCR Keihins, although they are different models, and as Kasjok pointed out, the engines are quite different. He is also correct in that the jets themselves are interchangeable between the two.

What likely would not work (but possibly could) would be the needle, if any. The taper profile and diameters are apt to be somewhat different from what your bike would like.

Thankyou for the quick response; I think all I need to do if I add a DR.D exhaust is change the main and the pilot. Thanks for your help.

• todds924

Posted May 09, 2008 - 06:58 PM

Maybe I should rephrase my question; if I want to change the main jet from #160 to #168 and the kit has a #168 in it, is the #168 in this kit the same as any other #168 jet for the same brand carb? :thumbsup:

No it is not. especially if its a dynojet kit. a 168 dyno jet jet is not the same size as a keihin 168. With my 08 i have found the stock jetting to be really close with my Pro circuit pipe. I think anything over a 165 is going to be to much.....and i would'nt use a quad jet kit in my 08.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.