bent subframe back, not sure if i got it right.

3 replies to this topic
  • Bumps489

Posted May 06, 2008 - 05:44 PM

i crashed a few weeks ago and messed up my exhaust and sub frame bad. i bought a new fmf exhaust but i want to make sure i have my subframe straight before i go and mess up my nice new pipe. i bent the subframe back to where it looks like the exhaust wont rub on the tire but its cutting it close. if someone could take a picture of the back of there bike that would be awesome. its a 2006 yz450f.
thanks allot,
mike :eek:

• SXP

Posted May 06, 2008 - 08:50 PM

I would think if your fender centers nicely over the rear tire you are in pretty good shape.

If you want to be absolutely sure, unbolt (lower bolt ) the shock from the linkage and move the swing arm/tire through it's entire range of motion to see if you have any rubbing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bumps489

Posted May 07, 2008 - 01:58 AM

thanks ill give that a try

• William1

Posted May 07, 2008 - 04:33 AM

Just a word to the wise. Bending aluminum weakens it. Straightening it without proper heat treating weakens it further. Do not be surprised if a mnor fall bends it again. Each time it gets bent, it gets weaker.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.