anyone willing to send me a gas can?

7 replies to this topic
  • noteethleroy

Posted November 20, 2002 - 10:58 AM


I cant even buy a decent gas can in CA they are illegal now. The only ones you can buy have a stupid non spill spout and dont work a crap. I was lookinf for one like this;

Any non CA guys willing to send me one? Ill pay shipping and cost of can.

  • MOmilkman

Posted November 20, 2002 - 11:03 AM


Man, for California being the hot bed of MX, I sure would hate to live there.

  • Fryboy

Posted November 20, 2002 - 11:12 AM



What part of Ca do you live in? I know of a certain cycle gear shop which has several in stock. They even have the warning sticker for CA. I asked what was up with this to the counter guy and he said ya what can you do? I have many customers who need water bottles. LOL What a load of crap. Just have to have sister stores in different states I guess. PM me if you want to know which " cycle gear" shop I am speaking of.


  • skthom2320

Posted November 20, 2002 - 06:30 PM


I know your pain!!!!

I have been living in Texas for the last 3 years. About 5 months ago I moved my wife and kids to California. I'm following soon and have been spending a week a month there.

Last time I was there I realized I didn't have a gas can for the two-smoke weed eater so I wandered down to the hardware store. &%$#@!?? $15 for a fricken' gas can? And what the heck is the deal with this stupid contraption of a filler tube? The "no fume" filler tube was so difficult to deal with, I ended up just taking it off and filling my weed-eater using the ol' "point it at the open hole and only spill half of it" method.

The enviro-nazis have shot themselves in the foot because I spilled WAY more gas than I would have with the plain ol' filler tube style.

I will be in California next week. Maybe I should bring some extra gas cans and donate them to TT'ers at the local MX track.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • njracer

Posted November 20, 2002 - 06:36 PM



I know they cater to us roadracing guys but they have what ya need.

BTW - since your in Cali...head out to Willow Springs for a roadrace and pick up as many cans as you need. You can even get them filled with some tasty VPracing fuel.

Hope this helps.


  • BlueThunder

Posted November 20, 2002 - 06:48 PM


WA stsate isn't far behind you Cali. folks.......they tested my gas cap at my last vehicle emissions test.....I've had it man, MOVIN' TO IDAHO! :)

  • freestyle111

Posted November 20, 2002 - 11:26 PM


do you no why you cany buy that gas tank in calif.?it has nothing to do with the spout or is illegal to sell,use or tansport gas in a gastank over 5 gallons in calif.most of jerrycan style gascans you see for sale at accessory stores are 5.5gl. the 1\2 gallon extra is so you can add 2-stroke oil.

  • Mike_L.

Posted November 21, 2002 - 10:41 AM


Contact Honda/Yamaha of North Hollywood (818) 766-6134. They have 4 of them in stock, I was by there today.




Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.