OIL QUESTION

23 replies to this topic
  • Mud_Sweat_&_Gears

Posted May 13, 2002 - 10:58 AM

Joel,
Check Mobil 1's web sight under their motorcycle oils for "where can I find".
Our local AutoZone sell MX4T for $7.99/quart. Call first, because all the other locations indicated by Mobil don't stock it (probably too expensive to sell).
The mobil representative indicated the new SL rated 15w-50 "will not be as good as" the old SJ rated for motorcycles, but didn't specify why. :)

[ May 13, 2002: Message edited by: Mud, Sweat & Gears ]

• Joel_Gibson

Posted May 13, 2002 - 11:19 AM

Thanks for the info.
As far as the seat goes, I'll get the stock seat out tonight and see if I can detect which is softer. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Red-eyed_Demon

Posted May 14, 2002 - 05:49 AM

This is great and interesting info.

• Dan_from_HB

Posted May 16, 2002 - 02:03 PM

Using Spectro 4 for 1-1/2 years now. Changed every 100-150 miles. I ride club enduros and varied fast trail riding. I use the clutch often in tight sections and steep hills when needed, so I change oil fairly regularly. No oil related problems, and no additives whatsoever. Maybe I'm lucky, but this thing has been stone reliable for me despite minimal care and feeding. Knock on wood.
Dan

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.