plastic question

6 replies to this topic
  • whoops dude

Posted May 05, 2008 - 10:08 AM

Will the front number plate and rear fender from a 08 yz450f fit on a 05 wr?

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 05, 2008 - 10:14 AM

Will the front number plate and rear fender from a 08 yz450f fit on a 05 wr?

The rear fender will definitely not work, (unless someone else can prove otherwise)... you'll need an 03' - 05' YZ rear fender but should bolt right up after trimming for coolant resevoir mounts.

The number plate is fairly universal to the YZ's but I cannot say for sure that an 08' YZ # plate will work on the 05' wr... at a minimum you will have to fabricate some kind of bracket or get creative with some long (12"+) zip tyes.. (this is what I have always done)... the upper tripple clamp on your WR does not have the tab in which you bolt the top of the # plate too :eek:

• whoops dude

Posted May 05, 2008 - 10:16 AM

ok thx for the feedback

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted May 05, 2008 - 12:51 PM

I believe 123bigcoopdawg576 made an '06 YZ rear fender work for his '06 WR

• Charles De Mar

Posted May 05, 2008 - 01:16 PM

'05 yz fender fits 05 and 06 wr!

• justbackitin

Posted May 05, 2008 - 06:20 PM

I tried a number plat on my 06. The computer forces the plate to be mounted way forward so it looks sot of gay. I stuck to the stock headlight because it looks better. Does the 05 wr even have the computer?

• JSanfilippo

Posted May 05, 2008 - 07:27 PM

I tried a number plat on my 06. The computer forces the plate to be mounted way forward so it looks sot of gay. I stuck to the stock headlight because it looks better. Does the 05 wr even have the computer?

No. Just a 4 digit mechanical tripmeter

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.