White Rear Fender 07-08 - Found

28 replies to this topic
  • SJMC_DON

Posted May 05, 2008 - 09:35 AM

I just took delivery of my White Rear fender for my 07'. It came from Acerbis, apparently a very limited quantity is available in the US... I don't have pics but it is definitely OEM replica WR rear fender for 07 - 08'. I am in the process of whiting out the whole bike less the head light cowl, I'll post pics soon.. I run a YZ # plate but am on the look out for an white OEM replica headlight cowl.. this is the missing piece :eek:

• WR450SM

Posted May 05, 2008 - 09:56 AM

Very cool!

A full White YZ look WR would be sexy.

• matt4x4

Posted May 05, 2008 - 10:20 AM

You can probably get an aftermarket UFO or similar headlight cowl with different lights - or are you in desperate need to stay factory?

http://www.ufoplasti...and=10&model=82

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 05, 2008 - 10:41 AM

You can probably get an aftermarket UFO or similar headlight cowl with different lights - or are you in desperate need to stay factory?

http://www.ufoplasti...and=10&model=82

I want it to be OEM... I don't want to even run the lamp in it, I just want the OEM head light cowl in white with my racing backgrounds on it.... call me narcosistic but I want other racers to know that they just had their doors blown off by a WR :p

Getting read to paint the stock one white as a last resort :eek:

• redswr

Posted May 05, 2008 - 11:53 AM

nice! i'm going to make mine all white and put the Doug Henry graphics on it... http://www.mx2k.com/...enry-170806.jpg

Posted Image

• redswr

Posted May 05, 2008 - 11:59 AM

ok... my buddy at a shop in AZ said he found it. gonna try and order it for me!

• Charles De Mar

Posted May 05, 2008 - 12:33 PM

I went white! I think the white on the aluminum frame will be sweet. you will have more choices of detail colors. I would have gone yellow black if it weren't for the blue steel frame. be sure to post pics!
Posted Image

• Frostbite

Posted May 05, 2008 - 06:59 PM

These guys sell white kits for 99 bucks. I just recieved a blue set from them last week. I was going to order white too, but I wanted to see how the quality was before ordering 2 sets.

Everything looks fine and fit great. For $99 you get front and rear fender, side covers, and rad shrouds. No front number plate (although the ad looks like you get a YZ number plate, I got nothing) and no airbox or tank of course.

• Himsa123

Posted May 05, 2008 - 10:03 PM

I just took delivery of my White Rear fender for my 07'. It came from Acerbis, apparently a very limited quantity is available in the US... I don't have pics but it is definitely OEM replica WR rear fender for 07 - 08'. I am in the process of whiting out the whole bike less the head light cowl, I'll post pics soon.. I run a YZ # plate but am on the look out for an white OEM replica headlight cowl.. this is the missing piece :eek:

do you have any pictures of your bike with the yz number plate on it? in my garage you can see my whited out wr and i was thinking about putting a number plate on. thanks

• redswr

Posted May 05, 2008 - 10:25 PM

do you have any pictures of your bike with the yz number plate on it? in my garage you can see my whited out wr and i was thinking about putting a number plate on. thanks

where'd you find your white plastics?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hoople

Posted May 06, 2008 - 05:46 AM

I got pics of a yz # plate in my garage

• crashthings

Posted May 06, 2008 - 09:32 PM

nice! i'm going to make mine all white and put the Doug Henry graphics on it... http://www.mx2k.com/...enry-170806.jpg

Posted Image

I was going to do the Doug Henry also but One Industries said they quit making them. So I went custome from RidePG.com. I think they look very good. I went with a bigger IMS tank and black seatcover. The only part I can't find in white is the headlight. But I have a plan for that and I hope it works out for me. I should have it all done in about 2 weeks. Just waiting on a couple of other parts before I can put it all back together. But it should look sweet.:eek:

I do like that silver light. If they made it I could use it.

• Frostbite

Posted May 07, 2008 - 02:55 AM

I ordered my white plastic and graphics yesterday.

They had WR and YZ plastic, but only had the retro graphics in YZ. I'm sure the fender graphics will fit, and the rad shroud graphics are very close and will fit with a bit of heat. Anybody know if the airboxes are the same?
I'm looking for a used seat now so I can keep one red and one blue. The red seat cover is also for a YZ seat, but since it's just red with no design, I think it can be made to fit.

Posted Image

• fully46

Posted May 07, 2008 - 08:09 AM

Hey I work for Acerbis and I wanted you all to know the white individual plastics; front fender, rear fender, side panels and radiator scoops....as well as the plastic kit in white are readily available and not limited. The plastics are exact as the OEM shape.

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 07, 2008 - 09:24 AM

Hey I work for Acerbis and I wanted you all to know the white individual plastics; front fender, rear fender, side panels and radiator scoops....as well as the plastic kit in white are readily available and not limited.

Might wanna tell your webmaster... :eek:

I am very pleased with the fit and finish of the Acerbis plastics. Any insight as to whether or not they will ever produce an OEM replica headlight cowl?

Thanks!

• BajaFool

Posted May 07, 2008 - 12:48 PM

Fully46,
Is that a 2007-2008 white rear fender with the cutout for the tail light? Also, how about white plastic, including the tail light capable rear fender, for a 2006 WR450F?

• SJMC_DON

Posted May 07, 2008 - 02:44 PM

Fully46,
Is that a 2007-2008 white rear fender with the cutout for the tail light? Also, how about white plastic, including the tail light capable rear fender, for a 2006 WR450F?

I have an Acerbis white fender for my 07', it has the CDI pocket and all mounting points for the tail light... IT IS a replica of the OEM fender... I don't know bout the 06' and older stuff......

• Himsa123

Posted May 07, 2008 - 03:17 PM

where'd you find your white plastics?

YZ white shrouds, yz front fender, and i painted my rear fender white( it holds up great and looks identical to the other plastics)

I got pics of a yz # plate in my garage

How did you mount the computer on the other side of the handlebars?

• hoople

Posted May 07, 2008 - 07:13 PM

i just modified the original bracket and mounted it to the handlebar mount

• craig652

Posted May 08, 2008 - 12:39 PM

My dealer says he found them but they are backordered until the middle of July. Does anyone have a dealer / supplier name and number that they ordered through?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.