Final Verdict on Jetting

3 replies to this topic
  • DanCSC

Posted May 10, 2002 - 05:27 AM

Okay, I realize that the jetting issues and modifications have been beat to death, i've read everything that Larry has written and now am totally confused. It looks like a 158mj/45pj @#3 at 1.5 turns out on the PAJ is the way to go. Should I be usine a EMM#3 needle with this set-up? I have also seen reference to the "grey-wire" which I was told was near the brain box; however, I could only find a light blue wire. What is the de-octopus? Here is my situation; I ride mainly around Colo Spgs to include Rampart. When I get into technical stuff the bike hesitates off idle and sometimes stalls, of course in the worst possible places. I am a trials rider and realize the WR is not a trials bike but it shouldn't bobble off idle. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

• racemile

Posted May 10, 2002 - 05:55 AM

Dan,

After messing around, this is the set up I ended up with. But, I dont know what your riding, and, I am going to experiment with dropping the clip to position 3.

I have no hesitation of idle, as a matter of fact, I have to watch how I open the throttle. It will launch nicely, and will still roost in third.

Thats just my .02

good luck,
Jason

p.s. My bike is NOT YZ timed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YAMAKAZE

Posted May 10, 2002 - 06:38 AM

Unfortunitily there will NEVER be a "Final Verdict on Jetting".....

Contact Larry in Colorado (LARRY IN CO) for Altitude Jet Settings.

Bonzai :)

• LarryCO

Posted May 13, 2002 - 11:31 AM

DanCSC,
Called your office today...left a message with my contact numbers. Give me a call and I'll give you a big headstart on what's worked where...

Sorry I havent responded very timely here...just got back from a week in Turks & Caicos...all inclusive resort. Awesome time! Boat drinks for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and before bed. Very nice to also have the wife to myself with the little one back in Cincinnati at grandma's/grandpa's!

Late

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.