MY experience with my new to me wr400

22 replies to this topic
  • byggd

Posted May 09, 2008 - 07:44 AM

My wallet is thin, which is the cheapest and how hard is it to do? Will this really make it kick as easy as my old 2 stroke. I love this bike but my jealous of electric startors definately was out yesterday.

Here you go! And yes, it will work on the wr400 as well.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beetlebailey

Posted May 12, 2008 - 08:05 PM

I got a 99 wr 400. It is all technique. At first i couldnt start my bike to save my life. now it kicks in 1 kick after sitting for a week. kjr247 makes a huge point. dont touch the throttle. It floods easy, really easy. If you do flood it. Try this. Pull the Decomp lever go full throttle and kick like 3 or 4 times. Then find Top Dead Center and do your thing. It sounds kinda kooky but it has worked for me. Plus people who know alot more than me gave me the trick. Hope it helps. Beetle

• swede426

Posted May 13, 2008 - 03:51 PM

And make sure you have a good sparkplug in there

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.