Clutch Lever Adjustment Help

2 replies to this topic
  • yamahaxt

Posted May 05, 2008 - 05:15 AM

Had to change my clutch lever do to a small crash. The problem I have know is that the clutch is to touchy for my likings. The new lever was not an exact match to the stock one (The pin hole was a little bit farther in). I have to let the lever almost completely all the way out for it to engage (I perfer it to start to engage when I start to let it out). I tried to adjust it but nothing changed so I figure I am missing a step. Also not sure which is the proper way to turn the cable adjuster for what I need. Did a search but could not find anything. Any advise on fixing this or a forum that has this topic?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • face_plant

Posted May 05, 2008 - 10:24 AM

which lever you are using may not be the right clutch pull distance
proper adjustment is 3-5mm at the top

it does help to know what bike you have the newer ones have a black round knob you spin to adjust

• yamahaxt

Posted May 05, 2008 - 10:49 AM

Sorry, its a 2006 WR450.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.