Rekluse Pro Dez/Trail Riders

5 replies to this topic
  • SXP

Posted May 04, 2008 - 04:53 PM

For all you YZ450F Rekluse Pro users who ride mainly dez/trails, what is the hot setup for tight trails/rocky single track riding? I would appreciate feedback on which spring/s and the number of balls you used (24 or 27)? I figure feedback from actual owners who ride in similar conditions would be a better place to start than the setup chart provided by Rekluse. Thanks.

• Wiz636

Posted May 07, 2008 - 08:07 AM

I use 30 balls and went with the spring that is a little stiffer than the recommended 'default' installation. The reason I changed to the stiffer spring is because it engaged at such low RPM's that I could actually brake stall the bike if I locked up the rear wheel and chopped the throttle. Now it is perfection!

• SXP

Posted May 07, 2008 - 09:24 PM

I use 30 balls and went with the spring that is a little stiffer than the recommended 'default' installation. The reason I changed to the stiffer spring is because it engaged at such low RPM's that I could actually brake stall the bike if I locked up the rear wheel and chopped the throttle. Now it is perfection!

Wiz - I only see slots for 27 balls not 30. Also, do you know the part numbers of the two springs ( 2" and 1.5 ") that you used? The number should be on the plastic zip lock bag they were shipped with. Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wiz636

Posted May 07, 2008 - 10:27 PM

However many it holds is how many I run. I was thinking it was 30 but I must have brain lock.

I am using the C200L3 ad C150M3 springs

• eazrider

Posted May 07, 2008 - 10:56 PM

I am using the stock balls as delivered. I use the softest spring(s) for quickest engagement, so I can lift the front wheel over logs and rocks. I adjust the engagement point up and down with the bar adjuster. I can set the idle higher, and not worry about brake stalling.Lovin Life...'06 450..

• SXP

Posted May 08, 2008 - 05:59 AM

However many it holds is how many I run. I was thinking it was 30 but I must have brain lock.

I am using the C200L3 ad C150M3 springs

I am using the stock balls as delivered. I use the softest spring(s) for quickest engagement, so I can lift the front wheel over logs and rocks. I adjust the engagement point up and down with the bar adjuster. I can set the idle higher, and not worry about brake stalling.Lovin Life...'06 450..

I see the two of you have different approaches for your specific application. This is just what I was looking for. Thanks guys!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.