Helmet Cams

2 replies to this topic
  • RonO

Posted May 10, 2002 - 02:48 AM

Most posts like the cam from helmetcamera.com the best. I found a guy selling a setup on Ebay for $179. It uses AA batteries instead of a rechargeable. Is anyone using this setup or did anyone build their own setup? Any suggestions?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cueball

Posted May 10, 2002 - 05:12 AM

I use the Helmetcam, but happened to see the unit on Ebay....it looks very interesting.

I wouldn't worry about the batteries, you can go to any battery store & get a sealed lead-acid & charger.

With either unit you still hook-up to a camcorder to record, so the key is the quality of the CCD (the camera itself). I'll bet the Ebay unit will yield about the same results....

On the other hand, by the time you get the battery, charger, microphone, etc. you might wish you'd elected to get the Helmetcam version.

• MOmilkman

Posted May 10, 2002 - 05:35 AM

I think I would have to spend the extra $100 for the helmetcamera.com

They back their products very well, have excellent customer support (very rare these days) and it is still a good product. Who knows what "this guy" will do if something dosent work or fit right.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.