Bubba on a Yamaha?

53 replies to this topic
  • x2468

Posted May 10, 2008 - 02:32 PM

So RV is going to be riding a 450 outdoors this year? If thats true then I don't think he will do as good as he did on a 250F, he is really small for a big bike and I have seen him ride one and he looks better on the 250F.

that's what i was thinking. but man that kid is so fast, his lap times on the 250f are faster than the 450s sometime. he could just race his 250F in the 450 class.

• grayracer513

Posted May 10, 2008 - 03:13 PM

...his lap times on the 250f are faster than the 450s sometime.

This is not a new thing. Stewart did that several times, even outdoors, when he was on a 125.

• Drfletcherdc

Posted May 11, 2008 - 05:56 AM

Part of having faster lap times on a smaller bike is they get to run their motos first before the track is destroyed by all the bikes.

• grayracer513

Posted May 11, 2008 - 07:18 AM

Part of having faster lap times on a smaller bike is they get to run their motos first before the track is destroyed by all the bikes.

This was during practice, before any of the races.

• mx614

Posted May 11, 2008 - 03:35 PM

last I heard RV was not moving up untill next sx season. He said he had another title to defend.

• swaldrop

Posted May 11, 2008 - 08:03 PM

RV2 riding a 450 this summer was an April Fools joke by TWMX.

• dirtrider115

Posted May 11, 2008 - 08:10 PM

I dont really think he is smart enough for car racing,even though the pressure is on nascar for a minority.Big difference in the two.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KillerHiller

Posted May 12, 2008 - 06:19 AM

sweet pic Gray :thumbsup:

Ditto!!

• intensem1rider

Posted May 12, 2008 - 07:17 AM

RV2 riding a 450 this summer was an April Fools joke by TWMX.

Dam April fools!

• StPeters21

Posted May 12, 2008 - 01:30 PM

Just a stab at it...but more power isn't always the answer...Even if your a pro...too much power can be a bad thing. Plus the 250f's that the pros are riding are putting out close to the same horsepower that our 450's are doing stock...with 20 lbs less. my .02 cents

Gray....Awesome pic!!!!! I'm only in my 30's but that sure does bring back good times!:thumbsup:

• Wiz636

Posted May 12, 2008 - 01:49 PM

Sort of like when Ricky Carmichael went from Kawasaki to Honda, or from a two stroke to a four stroke, or from Honda to Suzuki? Or even weirder, when Roger DeCoster went from CZ to Suzuki. That was weird.

Wow, I go back a ways but not that far. To me it was weird when DeCoster went from Suzuki to Honda!

As far as Reed, RV, Bubba, et al, are concerned...well let's just say that I am not going to lose any sleep over any of it.

• grayracer513

Posted May 12, 2008 - 02:44 PM

Wow, I go back a ways but not that far. To me it was weird when DeCoster went from Suzuki to Honda!

As far as Reed, RV, Bubba, et al, are concerned...well let's just say that I am not going to lose any sleep over any of it.

The really weird part was the DeCoster and Robert were "real", legitimate, old school European MX stars, and they went from a proven, legitimate world champion marque to a Japanese bike. No one ever did that back then, but of course, they set a precedent.

As for loosing sleep, me either. I admire what Reed has accomplished, but to me it is tarnished by several things. He never beat Carmichael or Stewart heads up with any consistency, so it has the look that he won because his competition was absent. He doesn't ride the outdoor series. He isn't a particularly good sport. If I had been his team chief, he would never have gotten away with flipping off his mechanic after the bike quit while being used as a submarine.

Stewart would be nice to have, but he's no model sportsman, either. The only reason I was excited to have Bubba move up to the big bikes was to give Ricky a run for his money. Now he's gone, and When Stewart's there the only suspense involved is over whether he can avoid crashing long enough to win. In a way, I like it better when no one is clearly better than anyone else, and you have to wait for raceday to see what happens.

Just a stab at it...but more power isn't always the answer...Even if your a pro...too much power can be a bad thing. Plus the 250f's that the pros are riding are putting out close to the same horsepower that our 450's are doing stock...with 20 lbs less. my .02 cents

Gray....Awesome pic!!!!! I'm only in my 30's but that sure does bring back good times!:thumbsup:

The really hot 250f's are around 40-44 hp at the most, which is a lot, but still pretty far from 50. Even at that level (or any other) they have nowhere near the low end grunt of even a stock 450, so the power character is still very different.

• Mfinazzo

Posted May 13, 2008 - 03:38 PM

Yeah, I've heard the rumour of Bubba on a Yamaha but it was with Gibbs racing as that would be his foot in the door for nascar.

That would make sense because his old mechanic and agent are there.

• intensem1rider

Posted May 15, 2008 - 06:09 PM

I listened to DMXS radio tonight, they had an interview with Chad Reed and they asked him how it feels to have James Stewart take his spot on L&M and he said "It is definately weird with him taking my spot....then he corrected himself and said, ofcourse thats just speculation...."

Take a listen www.dmxsradio.com

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.