19 inch rear wheel???

4 replies to this topic
  • 2lcf

Posted May 03, 2008 - 04:46 PM

Has anyone put a 19 inch rear wheel on their WR......I have $1000 worth of excel rims off my 99 YZ250......and would like to put them on my WR....I know some customizing would be needed for the front speedo, but the rear would be 1 inch larger.....any pros or cons appreciated.......THANKS

• Math

Posted May 03, 2008 - 05:03 PM

I've fitted a '01 YZ426f rear wheel (19'') on my WR with no problem. I kept the 18'' rear wheel to swap to dual sport tires (Michelin Sirac).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • redswr

Posted May 03, 2008 - 06:33 PM

a 99 to an 08... let me know if you run into anything on the back because i've got a wheel and paddle combo for my 99 that i'd like to keep for my 07.

the only thing about the 19 vs. the 18 is that if you ride in real rockey conditions your more likely to pinch a tube or dent your rim. on hard pack or street it'll actually work better because you'll have less sidewall flex in the tire.

• MaxPower

Posted May 03, 2008 - 07:51 PM

[COLOR="Green"]19 inch rears have the same out side diameter
Just the rim is bigger

And I have a rear off my 125 on my 450 right now with no issues[/COLOR]

• 2lcf

Posted May 03, 2008 - 08:54 PM

Thanks for the responses............I will give it a try........plus work on the fitting of the front tire/speedo gear.............

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.