TT Graphics rough draft

54 replies to this topic
  • armourbl

Posted May 10, 2002 - 01:28 PM

Everyone,

This is a very expensive process. I can't afford to make multiple patterns for various tanks, or offer the color schemes each individuals wants. I'm using patterns that will fit the YZF model Yamahas. These tank graphics will fit the WR tank, but just not as perfect as the YZF.

ben

• MN_Kevin

Posted May 11, 2002 - 12:40 AM

Ben,

You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but NEVER ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME.

Make a decision and stick with it, otherwise your project will never get done.

• vtcyclist

Posted May 11, 2002 - 12:53 AM

Don't bother with filling in the tank section.

a: your knee/leg covers it when riding.
b: the dark color will minimize the dirt stains and scratches that occur from said knee and leg rubbing against it.
c: The design will become to busy.

Thanks for trying to please everyone.

• Jekel

Posted May 11, 2002 - 05:06 PM

I like it the way it is. Good job :)

• thumper4life

Posted May 11, 2002 - 06:17 PM

now we have a NEW TT logo! it looks pretty cool i think :)

what are you gonna do???

• Bamster

Posted May 12, 2002 - 03:53 AM

What type of 3M vinyl ? My buddy runs a 3M trim line and he does great work but the vinyl is very thin and bubbles really prematurely.
Will these grafics have a protective coating?
You could incorperate small holes in the tank portion to help avoid bubbles.

• yzf_virgin

Posted May 12, 2002 - 09:27 PM

Looks good. But a little more psychadelic would be better. Whatever you do keep it all on the shroud because I don't like graphics on my clear tank.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yznvegas

Posted May 12, 2002 - 10:21 AM

How about an american flag on that blank spot on the tank? I think that would be bitchin'. Maybe under the flag put like "in memory of 9-11"...I would put that on my bike for sure.

• wayneoXCF

Posted May 12, 2002 - 12:02 PM

Great job Ben! Im not crazy about the yellow, tho. Orange or silver would be sweet to replace the yelo.
Keep up the good work dude!

• BOWHUNTER

Posted May 13, 2002 - 03:55 AM

KEEP THE YELLOW!! love them, just let us know when there ready for sale. mike

• newto2wheels

Posted May 13, 2002 - 04:54 AM

How about putting "member name/number"somewhere on them that way if you see someone running the graphics you could see their nick or member # on them. Just an idea. they look good, my bike is new but i would update.

• thumper4life

Posted May 13, 2002 - 05:06 AM

what about the new TT logo??

• armourbl

Posted May 13, 2002 - 08:17 AM

Major set back everyone...

My hard drive failed this past weekend. About 30 Gb of data lost. I was able to only retrieve about 80 Mb of crucial files.

Luckily I have all my patterns on CD, and was able retrieve a lot of my design work on the TT graphics.

I'm getting a new drive probably tonight, but it going to take probably at least a week for me to rebuild and get back to the design work.

I knew there was going to be a change to TT graphic, but just wanted to get you guys a work-progress design so you could give me some input and get a preview.

I'll keep you all posted.

ben

• WRF-Braa_Braa_Braap

Posted May 14, 2002 - 06:34 AM

Ben, I think the graphics you have come up with are great. Definatly keep the yellow. Good luck with getting your pc working again.
JB

• Bamster

Posted May 23, 2002 - 09:42 PM

How much ?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.