European model megabomb/powerbomb?

10 replies to this topic
  • Kasjok

Posted May 02, 2008 - 02:55 AM

Could anyone tell me if the exhaust of the 2008 model in europe is a good one? Pipe has a "bomb" in it and sklip-on is the long one. I mean does it compear to FMF or PC systems?

• grayracer513

Posted May 02, 2008 - 07:36 AM

I don't know about that comparison, but it's bound to be better than the US muffler.

• Wiz636

Posted May 02, 2008 - 08:20 AM

Hmmm, I went here

http://www.yamaha-mo...&subview=detail

to check out the pics of the euro model YZ450. Both of these pics are listed as 2008 YZ450's...:eek:

Short silencer
Posted Image

Long silencer
Posted Image

So who knows the real deal? Both bikes have the black clutch cover like the '08.

• Kasjok

Posted May 02, 2008 - 08:31 AM

Because they both are 08 models. One with the long silencer is euro version of 08 yz450f. Got mine today. Put on a 50 tooh rear sprocekt, DID 520VM (x-ring) chain, renthal kevlar grips, rooster performance radiator braces, scotts oil filter, twin air filter and my numbers. Now I just need to regrease all moving parts outside the engine.

Actually all the stuff came from my old (not really) 07 yz450f :eek:

• KJ790

Posted May 02, 2008 - 08:31 AM

Hmmm, I went here

http://www.yamaha-mo...&subview=detail

to check out the pics of the euro model YZ450. Both of these pics are listed as 2008 YZ450's...:eek:

Short silencer
Posted Image

Long silencer
Posted Image

So who knows the real deal? Both bikes have the black clutch cover like the '08.

In those pics, the one with the short silencer doesn't have the header with the bomb.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kasjok

Posted May 02, 2008 - 09:01 AM

But the "bomb" is something made by Yamaha or is just an FMF or other aftermarket company pipe?

• Emiliano

Posted May 02, 2008 - 09:30 AM

Mine is a EURO 08 and it has the long muffler with the bomb, I cant tell the difference with the shorty exaust because I haven´t been on one yet, but my friend has a 07 wit a T4 on (sock header) and feels more powefull than mine, not faster, but powerfull, acually mine is faster, for me and for him too.

• Kasjok

Posted May 02, 2008 - 10:37 AM

The 07 header pipe is tappered design, but 08 header is after and before the bomb with the same diameter that the beginning of a 07 pipe is. So I will try to figure out which of them works better with the 08. Maybe someone allready has an idea of which of them should perform better or where in the powerband would they perform better?

• markryam

Posted May 03, 2008 - 09:56 AM

if you take off the front pipe and look down it you will see its got apipe welde straight through. so no perf benefit at all, some people say theres some holes in, but i cont see any.

in the end i went down the line of aftermarket and was soooo glad - tried 6 different pipes and opted for the akrapovic in the end.

Posted Image

Posted Image

its good!!

• Kasjok

Posted May 03, 2008 - 10:13 AM

I belive that akrapovic is better system, but I don`t think it`s worth it`s cost. About the bomb header. I can`t imagine that Yamaha put it on just for "looks" as I find tappered design to be even nicer. How about theory that the bomb should cool the exhaust fumes for better performance?

One little off-topic question too. Yamaha reduced the clearence between piston and cylinder wall. Which was changed: cylinder smaller or piston larger( in microns though).

• erickdj

Posted May 03, 2008 - 06:15 PM

if you take off the front pipe and look down it you will see its got apipe welde straight through. so no perf benefit at all, some people say theres some holes in, but i cont see any.

in the end i went down the line of aftermarket and was soooo glad - tried 6 different pipes and opted for the akrapovic in the end.

Posted Image

Posted Image

its good!!

damn that's a sweet looking bike. :eek: :p :applause:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.