YZ250/450 clutch plates same as YFZ450 (quad) plates???

6 replies to this topic
  • WIfarmer

Posted April 30, 2008 - 09:27 PM

Ok, I have a 06 YZ250 and managed to burn up my clutch tonight. I neeeeeed some OEM plates for the weekend and need to know if the stock YZF450 (quad) plates will fit. I checked and the YZ plates are the same P/N as the YZ450F bike plates, but I'm not sure if the quad plates will fit. I have a local dealer that should have the quad plates in stock so if they'll work I'm back in business. Thanks ahead for any help!!!!

• grayracer513

Posted April 30, 2008 - 09:51 PM

I don't know if they will fit or not, but none of the 3 engines you mention have a common part number among them for the clutch plates. The pressure plates are all the same, but that's the extent of it.

• sandrappy

Posted April 30, 2008 - 11:09 PM

The quad plates will work in a 450. They are a little different, but most quad guys actually upgrade to the yz450f plates. I believe the only difference is in the quad one of the fibers isn't as big as the rest. They replace it with the yz ones for more friction/surface area.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WIfarmer

Posted May 01, 2008 - 02:46 AM

I don't know if they will fit or not, but none of the 3 engines you mention have a common part number among them for the clutch plates. The pressure plates are all the same, but that's the extent of it.

I know the OEM P/N's are different, but if you look at the aftermarket, they have the same p/n's for the 250 and 450. The quad aftermarket kit is different but I figure there might be a different # of plates or something simple like that.

• grayracer513

Posted May 01, 2008 - 05:57 AM

That's one of the reasons that many aftermarket clutches don't work as well as OEM, too. The plates will probably fit in the basket, and since the pressure plates are the same, the plain plates will undoubtedly fit the boss. But there is still the matter of thickness and compound. You can try it.

• polarisrmk

Posted April 06, 2009 - 08:00 PM

Hey there guys d you know what the OEM Clutch plates are worth from a dealer for the YZ450F(bike)? thanks in advance!!

• mitchicle

Posted April 07, 2009 - 05:05 AM

I tried putting a quad clutch in my 03. It wouldn't work for me because i couldn't adjust my clutch lever out far enough for the clutch to engage all the way, it slipped like crazy. The quad clutch has 7 friction and pressure plates. The bike clutch has 8.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.