Valve Clearance YZ426

1 reply to this topic
  • zacreeves

Posted April 30, 2008 - 07:55 PM

I just checked my clearance and the gap on the exhaust side is .008 and .004-.005 on the intake side. The specs say a max of .003, so my question is, is it stupid to ride it anymore before I get the shims to adjust it? I just got it going after 3 years just a few days ago and it's hard to just let it set there. Also am I looking in the manual right because I was going with where it said shaft to cap clearance of .0008-.0021in. This is on a 2002 YZ426.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zacreeves

Posted April 30, 2008 - 08:01 PM

I just realized that I don't know how to read a manual because I was looking at a different number, looks like they are still in spec. But it did seem to be knocking a little more than normal. Should I check anything else?

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.