WRF seat with a YZF tank

7 replies to this topic
  • lixno

Posted April 30, 2008 - 03:15 PM

I am going to order a YZF black stock capacity Clarke tank for my WRF450 2003. In order to save some money i am trying to find a way to fit the stock WRF seat on the new YZF tank.

I compared the seat with the one from my 2003 YZF250 and saw that the YZF seat is about 2cm longer. I was wondering if i can add some seat foam on the WRF seat to make it a little bit longer and fit with no problem on the YZF tank.
Has anyone tried something like that or i will waste my time?

• PBDBLUE

Posted April 30, 2008 - 06:04 PM

Probably won't work. The distance from the rear mount bolts to the post on the gas tank is longer as well. The WR seat base won't be able to hook on the post at the front.

• lixno

Posted May 02, 2008 - 03:25 AM

Yoy are right! I just measured the distance between the two seats posts and it is different. At my YZF seat the distance from the rear mount bolts to the post at the front is 58.5cm, while at the WRF seat the distance is 55.5cm.

I 'll ask a local shop which makes seats if they can do something about that. The YZF seats are so expensive in Greece:thumbsdn:

• Rick1141

Posted May 02, 2008 - 03:59 AM

Yes, it will work on your WRF. I recommend to make an ellipse plate and a collar to keep front side location of the seat.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SID013

Posted May 03, 2008 - 03:00 PM

I am going to order a YZF black stock capacity Clarke tank for my WRF450 2003. In order to save some money i am trying to find a way to fit the stock WRF seat on the new YZF tank.

I compared the seat with the one from my 2003 YZF250 and saw that the YZF seat is about 2cm longer. I was wondering if i can add some seat foam on the WRF seat to make it a little bit longer and fit with no problem on the YZF tank.
Has anyone tried something like that or i will waste my time?

You need to be careful with the Clarke tank, I have the 2.8 gallon Black on my WR450 2006 which is Pt No 11442, I believe this fits 2003 to 2006 so same tank. Clarke told me I needed the YZ seat to fit the tank so I ordered an SDG seat from them, turns out the standard WR seat fitted as the Clarke tank supplied had 2 from seat post holes to accomodate either option (Photo below). I now have a YZ seat which does not fit as it doesn't allow for the space the battery takes up under the seat.

Posted Image

Cheers from OZ
Hope this helps.

• lixno

Posted May 05, 2008 - 10:16 AM

Thanks for the info:thumbsup: I am going to order the tank first and try to fit the seat later!

• PBDBLUE

Posted May 05, 2008 - 04:21 PM

2005/2006 WR seat is different. It has the same post spacing as the YZ seat. 03/04 are shorter.

• justbackitin

Posted May 05, 2008 - 06:18 PM

I have the same deal going on. I bought a used 3.1 gallon tank for a yz. I was hoping I could make a spacer out of fiberglass that would make up the gap but also follow the lines of the tank and seat. I haven't received the tank yet, so time will tell.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.