Another IMS question....(sorry)

4 replies to this topic
  • BigBelly

Posted April 30, 2008 - 09:30 AM

I just called my local shop, they have the 3.1 tank in Natrual and the shrouds too. When I asked about the petcock, the gal told me that I won't need an '06 PC valve, the one from my '07 would work perfectly...I told her that I had learned otherwise from my friends on TT.

She called IMS, and IMS told her the same thing, no need for a petcock from an earlier model, they have made changes and the '07 will work perfect in the regular direction...

You guys buy this? I am leaving for Stonyford in the AM, I don't want to be going back and forth to the parts store all friggin day.

Thanks,

Chad:banghead:

• BigBelly

Posted April 30, 2008 - 09:55 AM

I just read another post and think I found the answer in a longer fuel line. The dealership wants $52.00 for an '06...ouch!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted April 30, 2008 - 10:15 AM

I just read another post and think I found the answer in a longer fuel line. The dealership wants $52.00 for an '06...ouch!

i take it you have an 07 wr and your buying a 06 yz tank for the bike??? if thats the case then the your current pc will work just fine but you will have to install it backwards to use the ims fuel line or you can install it facing out and go to the auto store and buy some heavy duty fuel line and be good to go...also if you want an 06 wr pc that faces out and back the right way then check the TT OEM Store for a price and they will be alot cheaper! hope this help

• SJMC_DON

Posted April 30, 2008 - 10:36 AM

i take it you have an 07 wr and your buying a 06 yz tank for the bike??? if thats the case then the your current pc will work just fine but you will have to install it backwards to use the ims fuel line or you can install it facing out and go to the auto store and buy some heavy duty fuel line and be good to go...also if you want an 06 wr pc that faces out and back the right way then check the TT OEM Store for a price and they will be alot cheaper! hope this help

+1... Another option and maybe cheaper if you are not concerned about the reserve is to get a steel framed era YZ petcock.

I have been running my stock petcock backwards for a year now, it's not exactly user friendly but it gets the job done :eek:

• tribalbc

Posted April 30, 2008 - 10:50 AM

I looked into the yz steel frame option on TT oem parts and found one for $9.95 :applause:
But... it wasn't worth the joining and shipping for the one part.
I then looked into the same petcock from Yami Canada and it was $50 :p
I ended up getting an 06 WR one for $25.
Shop around with your dealer on different years. There's seem's to be big price variations :eek:

I just got my IMS tank this spring from Just gas tanks.com and the 07 petcock would still be backwards.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.