IRC tracking

17 replies to this topic
  • BMurph

Posted April 30, 2008 - 05:57 AM

Where have you guys been mounting your tracking device this year? We are racing a 450x this year in the 500. Just ordered the IRC tracking and have heard that it is a little difficult to mount. Any info is appriciated.

• motomanx

Posted April 30, 2008 - 06:31 AM

CP Fabrication has a mount to put it on the side of the cylinder. They are in orange county. I don't have the number with me. I'll try to find it tonight and post it.

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted April 30, 2008 - 07:08 AM

Or since IRC already has your CC# have them send you one of the X mounts. They have 'em in stock.
You can also make a mount for behind the Rt. radiator.

• BMurph

Posted April 30, 2008 - 07:20 AM

Or since IRC already has your CC# have them send you one of the X mounts. They have 'em in stock.
You can also make a mount for behind the Rt. radiator.

We ordered the whole kit, installation package and all. So you have to fabricate it if you want it behind the radiator?

• NewMexican

Posted April 30, 2008 - 09:19 AM

Just becareful - If you have an aftermarket radiator that has the oil-cooler, the standard mount they had for the 450x didn't work - Hit the Oil-cooler lines. It could be modified to work if you had time and the equipment to do so. I noticed some guys in that case either mod'ed the bracket or just ran it on the rear-fender like the old Rally Lier. Note you have some wiring to deal with now, so once you pic a spot the harness has to be 'long' enough.

• stolidog

Posted April 30, 2008 - 06:38 PM

Just Zip tie to rear fender.

Kick It Off Right Off The Line, And Cheat.
I Here That Is The Hot Ticket.

• BMurph

Posted April 30, 2008 - 07:11 PM

Just Zip tie to rear fender.

Kick It Off Right Off The Line, And Cheat.
I Here That Is The Hot Ticket.

If it didnt cost so much I would consider it!:eek:

• BMurph

Posted April 30, 2008 - 07:13 PM

How do you guys feel about mounting it to the cylinder? Seems like thats the hot ticket! I have also heard that it can be mounted behind the number plate.

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted May 01, 2008 - 09:33 AM

How do you guys feel about mounting it to the cylinder?

Next to cylinder - good.
The simple 450X kit that costs about $4 to manufacture but retails for $70 - gouge, bend over.

• MX813

Posted May 01, 2008 - 10:42 AM

What about to the fork tubes between triple clamps with some simple hose clamps? Or is the object too big for that area?

• BMurph

Posted May 01, 2008 - 04:52 PM

Next to cylinder - good.
The simple 450X kit that costs about $4 to manufacture but retails for $70 - gouge, bend over.

Picked one up that mounts to the cylinder, from IRC Tracking is $50,but CPR fabrication who makes them is selling them for $100 and $20 for the antenna mount.

• Danger Dave

Posted May 01, 2008 - 07:46 PM

Remind me not to ride with people from Oregon.

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted May 01, 2008 - 08:30 PM

Hey that was pretty funny. And just like that................................it's gone. :eek:

• Bluehorse

Posted May 02, 2008 - 06:33 AM

It was one of those things that was funny if you were there, but didnt seem as funny after I posted it! Don't want you CA boys thinking bad things about Oregon! It will post again when the inspiration arises. :eek:

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted May 02, 2008 - 07:05 AM

Who us? We don't think bad things about people from Oregon. Got cousins that live on the Rogue. At least I think they're cousins.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• Bluehorse

Posted May 02, 2008 - 08:49 AM

Ever since I broke my wrists in baja I haven't been able to play the banjo since!

• surfnride

Posted May 02, 2008 - 12:11 PM

Ever since I broke my wrists in baja I haven't been able to play the banjo since!

Is that what you call it? You're a sick horse, mr. azul.

Posted Image

• Bluehorse

Posted May 02, 2008 - 10:56 PM

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.