Gytr Jets

2 replies to this topic
  • mattcanWR450F

Posted April 29, 2008 - 08:12 PM

Ok i finally got my GYTR ais removal kit, what would you guys recomend. using the jets that come with that ( 175 main and 50 pilot), or buy a different jet kit that has a variety of main jets????

thanks matt

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Idaho450

Posted April 30, 2008 - 04:34 PM

It depends on what needle you end up using, temp and elevation. I think the JD kit is what most people end up liking. For most conditions, those jets are going to be pretty fat, at least with the JD needle. I had the 50 pilot in mine for a while and ended up going to a 45.

There's a great jetting database sticky here that covers just about every scenario.

Good luck.

• jandmsuburban7

Posted May 01, 2008 - 02:11 PM

I had my bike with all the free mods and the gytr AIS removal kit and the 48 pilot. It ripped but had a small amount of bog which made it real hard for technical slow single track. WOT was great and had control all the way through. Above 8000' it ran very poorly and I only got about 20 miles to a full tank.
I had been waiting and saving for a pipe and JD jet kit and have now installed all. The fine tuning is still a must but the bike is running well and I didnt ever try the pipe with only the GYTR needle and main 165. I am now with:
PowerCore 4 and powerbomb, blue needle #3, 168 main, 48 pilot, #40 leak jet (my biggest difference), re-adjusted Accelerator pump with two o-rings. I am pulling the tire in 4rth gear without clutch if I am at the right RPM. Hope that helps a little. Jason

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.