Headlight guards?

4 replies to this topic
  • WR4FUN

Posted November 18, 2002 - 03:36 PM

Does anybody know of a good rock guard for the stock WR headlight? I roosted my bro..now he's in the dark.

• WR_Dave

Posted November 18, 2002 - 05:19 PM

Pm me your e-mail address and I will send you a pic of the one I made . Cheap and easy. WR Dave.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR4FUN

Posted November 18, 2002 - 06:55 PM

OK PM'd away. BTW your in the wrong place if ya don't like winter eh :)

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted November 19, 2002 - 05:05 PM

Here's the only picture I can find of mine:
Posted Image

I went to a 4 x 4 store and got a set of 2 headlight rock guards for about $20. They fit perfect. Then just drill some holes in the shroud for the zip-ties to go through and you're done. You can get a single rock guard from Baja Designs for about $15. A friend of mine just went that route after a golf-ball size rock smashed out his headlight.

• WR_Jason

Posted November 20, 2002 - 10:35 AM

Mine was cracked so I put like 8 layers of packing tape over it and just used it like a pull off on the trail, kinda cool! Then I found a thin sheet of Lexan about 1/8 of an inch think and mounted it up with some silicone. I still have the cracked headlight BTW :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.