What bike prep. should I do before my first race on the 450?

2 replies to this topic
  • Justin89

Posted April 29, 2008 - 03:58 PM

Hey guys, my first race in the 450 class is this sunday and I was wondering what I should do preparation wise to my bike? This is what I have done so far: I have cleaned the air filter (and have a clean spare), changed the oil and oil filter, adjusted and lubed the chain, changed coolent about 3 rides ago and added Engine Ice, checked/tightened spokes, and have a practically brand new 742FA front tire and a brand new 756 rear tire. The race will be 8 laps at most and as few as 5 laps. (I believe) Any info on bike preparation or on racing in general will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:applause: :p :eek:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Slinkyman16

Posted April 29, 2008 - 04:31 PM

ahh were you racing at?

but also lube the steering stem and swingarm linkage, run a tear off under the front fork seals, and have fun. this is just normal stuff i do when getting ready for a race.. also allows you to become 1 with the bike and get pumped up..

• Justin89

Posted April 29, 2008 - 05:29 PM

ahh were you racing at?

but also lube the steering stem and swingarm linkage, run a tear off under the front fork seals, and have fun. this is just normal stuff i do when getting ready for a race.. also allows you to become 1 with the bike and get pumped up..

I'm going to be racing round 3 of the spring series at Riverfront MX park in Marysville, Ca. Thanks for the tips!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.