tale's from the trail, anyone?

No replies to this topic
  • desertfoxx

Posted November 18, 2002 - 02:45 PM

Here is mine. A few years back while returning from a dual sport ride at Kennedy Meadows, the Jeep Cherokee tow vehicle's gearbox locks up. My girlfriend (at the time) and I have the Jeep towed into Ridgecrest CA. After spending the night at a motel, the shop in the AM reports it will take a few days to fix. We both decide to ride the bike home to Redondo Beach (about 120 miles). I tell my girlfriend to pack only the things she has to have out of the Jeep. She packs these things in a medium size shoulder bag. We then depart Ridgecrest, about 25 miles later just west of Jawbone Canyon there is a huge explosion right at the back of the bike. I pulled over, on the ground was the shoulder bag, on fire! Trying to find out what the hell happened, it seems she packed a can of hairspray and the bag was laying right on the exhaust! She was upset that her bikini was on fire among other things. Long story short. I later married her. Who would let a girl go who brings a bikini, lingerie, hairspray ect to a fall camping/riding trip in the mountains!!! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.