Good 12 volt source?

3 replies to this topic
  • sandrappy

Posted April 29, 2008 - 09:34 AM

I run a wide band o2 sensor on a lot of my different quads etc... I was thinking i would throw it on my 06 yz450f after i get the engine back together, so i can tune it in much quicker. The problem is there is no battery to hook it to. Is there a place i can tap into that will supply a constant 12 volts to power this unit?

I know on our banshee's that don't have batteries they do not supply much juice at an idle. I was wondering if i would have the same problem on the yz.

• grayracer513

Posted April 29, 2008 - 12:09 PM

You need to use a 12v battery aside from the system as a source for this project. There is no way to get that kind of additional current/voltage from the YZ electrical system.

Something like a drill or laptop battery should work.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • intensem1rider

Posted April 29, 2008 - 02:26 PM

You get get a little 12 volt battery from a hobby shop and strap it down for your testing.

• sandrappy

Posted April 30, 2008 - 10:55 PM

I probably will end up getting a battery, but i figured there was at least a 12 volts constantly going to the cdi or something to run it. even at an idle. This thing doesn't take much juice.

thanks for the help!

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.