du mb question about a 600R

3 replies to this topic
  • plasticweld

Posted November 18, 2002 - 12:02 PM

I know I should be able to figure this out, but after spending about ten minutes and taking off both side panels off I can not figure out how to get the seat off the bike, I can see the clip on the tank, but no bolts or any release, I figure before I break it, I would ask..my battery will not hold a charge and I would like to check it for battery acid or just replace. I am not sure I even need a battery,, seems to run fine and start fine with it being dead,, is this normal..

• bajajoaquin

Posted November 18, 2002 - 02:50 PM

Well, I'm a little confused. Not by your question, but by the extra information.

In order to remove the seat, you first need to undo the two bolts that hold it on. They can be found under the seat. I think they're 11mm, but don't quote me. These two bolts attach the seat to the subframe. Look under the seat above the rear tire.

About the battery: If it's acting dead, it's because stock XR600Rs don't have them. Why do you think there is one? There is no ignition switch on a 600R. You simply kick it and go. If you have an ignition switch, you either have an XR-L or have a dual sport kit added to your XR-R.

Let us know how it goes. And what bike you have.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • plasticweld

Posted November 18, 2002 - 03:29 PM

the bike is a XR600R.. I just assumed it had a bad battery because I can turn on my light when I first start it and it goes on, after a few seconds it goes out, so I just figured it had a battery.. it has a dual sport kit, Thanks for the advice on were to look for the bolts for the seat, I looked and did not see but will head out to the shop and look again.. thanks for taking the time to aswer my question ..Bob

• Terrain Rider 4z

Posted November 18, 2002 - 08:00 PM

The bolts are 12 mm and are located underneath the rear fender as mentioned. The direction of the screws is outwards so the heads face in. Take both of these out then pull up and back on the seat. You probably have a bare wire that has been partially rubbed through, or a loose connection causing the light to flicker.

Related Content

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.