2007 wr 450 oil in airbox

6 replies to this topic
  • DR EVIL

Posted April 28, 2008 - 07:08 PM

Hs anyone had oil collect in their irbox? I was riding hard this weekend and noticed about 1/4 QT of oil in the bottom of the air box when I checked my dip stick the level was below the XX mark.

• rozero1234

Posted April 28, 2008 - 08:32 PM

yeah it happens, dont leave your bike on its side.

• SJMC_DON

Posted April 29, 2008 - 12:48 PM

Typically this indicates an over fill of oil in the motor. Happened to me and other people here... we were not draining the oil resevoir with the left side drain plug... adding a liter of oil and calling it good, level looked good after the change.

When I found oil in my air box my oil resevoir was full to the point it was coming out of the dip stick port.. which is odd because I ALWAYS check my oil level after a change and it was good at the time...

Your situation is odd in that you have low oil...

I have never heard of this happening because the bike was left on it's side:excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blue07450

Posted April 29, 2008 - 12:53 PM

Yeah , I had some after riding too....I was told not to worry but that seems like alot of oil?...I never if i can help it lay my bike down.....did you:excuseme:

• face_plant

Posted April 29, 2008 - 01:11 PM

or shift
high rpm's will puke oil in there too
110 mph racing a car and my airbox couldnt hold any more so it spit it out the bod on the number plate and all over my swing arm

• rubberband-man

Posted April 29, 2008 - 01:12 PM

Same problem here. Teh dealer told me I was overfilling on oil change, so next time, after following owners manual (as always) draining at all drain points, I put .9L in. (just to see). When I ride on the highway--5th gear long distance--my airbox fills with oil, and it runs down the bike and lubricates my chain and kickstand. Cool feature? NO. It's not overfilled. When I go fast for 5-10 minutes, oil sucks into the airbox.

• Face plant

Posted April 29, 2008 - 08:02 PM

or shift
high rpm's will puke oil in there too
110 mph racing a car and my airbox couldnt hold any more so it spit it out the bod on the number plate and all over my swing arm

Nice username.......how'd this happen?:eek:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.