The Best Bike I have ever Owned 06 YZ450

8 replies to this topic
  • HONDA NO MORE

Posted April 27, 2008 - 08:20 PM

:eek: :p I just picked up a clean 06 after coming off of an 05 and an 04. I cannot believe they can make such a different bike in just one year. This bike has increased my riding ability by about double. It will go up any hill I can find, just point, grab 3rd gear and pull the trigger. I should have broke down and sprung for a new one 2 years ago when they first came out, I've been missing out on a lot of fun.

:p :applause: :ride:

• YZ125 DR650

Posted April 28, 2008 - 01:05 AM

+1

i had an 06 YZ250F.. great bike but couldnt get it to handle right.
07 yz125 great bike but felt like a toy
two weeks ago i picked up a brand new 06 leftover YZ450F. all i can say is :p .

bike bone stock is the best handling bike ive ever ridden. all i did was set sag and it already out handles the 250f. power is amazingly controllable yet very strong. i thought the bike was going to beat me up but after getting on the track it feels soooo light for its size but stays planted sooo well.

all i can say is it was worth every single penny of the 4699 i paid for it. :eek:

• KillerHiller

Posted April 28, 2008 - 06:03 AM

Glad to hear you guys are diggin the bike!

I picked up a really clean, low hour 2006 YZ450 last fall for a track bike but only got a few rides on it because of snow. It worked great, but I'm more of a woods guy these days and ride my smokers there.

Well I got the itch to dial this bike in for some trail use and couldn't believe how well it worked on tight single track. The seller gave me a progressive ti 5.1 rear(2 pink marks) spring. I threw that on, along with a Q2 pipe, 51 tooth rear sproket, bar riser, drilled an extra hole in the clutch lever(better leverage) for easier pull, new rubber and raised the forks in the triple to about 10mm . I also did the fork oil and set the volume at the minimum.

Man, was I suprised how well it worked! It gobbled up trail whoops and walked up hills, and I rode about 30 miles of single track pretty hard and didn't feel worked. I thought it cornered great contrary to many other posts. Sag with the softer spring is set at 98mm.

Guess I better get some guards and bark busters, as this is no longer just a track bike.:eek: :p

KH

• rmzRacer293

Posted April 28, 2008 - 09:53 AM

awesome! love the screen name! i too got a 06' yz450 and it helped me become a much better rider also. i went from racing 125c last year on my 06' RMZ250 to runnin in the top 5 every weekend in open B on my 450. also make sure your on the right springs. i got my suspension set up by pro action of illinois a few weeks ago. (I weigh 150lbs) and OMG. what a dif even over the good stock suspension. I think after this season i will be racing A class. :eek: best bike ever!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • djtroy

Posted April 28, 2008 - 12:49 PM

awesome! love the screen name! i too got a 06' yz450 and it helped me become a much better rider also. i went from racing 125c last year on my 06' RMZ250 to runnin in the top 5 every weekend in open B on my 450. also make sure your on the right springs. i got my suspension set up by pro action of illinois a few weeks ago. (I weigh 150lbs) and OMG. what a dif even over the good stock suspension. I think after this season i will be racing A class. :eek: best bike ever!

Better get an 07 or 08 so you can make some $$ from Yamaha!!

• cowboyona426

Posted April 30, 2008 - 03:03 PM

I love my 06 in the woods, especially after getting a good front tire on it (Kenda Washougal).

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted April 30, 2008 - 04:08 PM

They are also bullet proof bikes. I have had mine for over two years with no problems.

• rmzRacer293

Posted April 30, 2008 - 05:47 PM

Better get an 07 or 08 so you can make some $$ from Yamaha!!

Yeah im thinkin in maybe one or two more rides i will be up there with chad reed.. :eek:

• Justin89

Posted April 30, 2008 - 06:28 PM

It's the Toyota of dirtbikes! I love my 2006!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.