JGR Bikes

14 replies to this topic
  • rickallen124

Posted April 27, 2008 - 06:44 PM

Here are a few pics of the Gibb's racing bikes for those interested.Posted Image These are some of the best looking bikes in the pits

• rickallen124

Posted April 27, 2008 - 06:48 PM

Here is a pic of the motor mounts they developed to help cornering. Talking to their suspension tech he told me that they tested quite a bit and found that if they went too far the bike acted like there was a hinge in the middle. BTW they hope to sell alot of the parts they are manufacturing in the near future.
Posted Image

• rickallen124

Posted April 27, 2008 - 06:51 PM

Here is a pic of a titanuim plate that wraps around the foot peg mounts so that it doesn't get packed with mud.
Posted Image

• blue22

Posted April 27, 2008 - 07:37 PM

Those are nice! I love the polished frame!!!

• yzmerf105

Posted April 27, 2008 - 07:44 PM

I want one of those skid plates.

• grayracer513

Posted April 27, 2008 - 08:06 PM

I want one of those skid plates.

It's from Lightspeed Performance, about $200.

• rmzRacer293

Posted April 28, 2008 - 09:57 AM

amazing bikes! If you havent already seen the video of the JGR rig. go to Racerxill.com right now and check it out! its insane!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted April 28, 2008 - 10:29 AM

It's from Lightspeed Performance, about $200.

That carbon fiber skid plate is made in house at JGR. You can buy different carbon fiber skid plates from lightspeed or carbon fiber works.

• grayracer513

Posted April 28, 2008 - 10:45 AM

That carbon fiber skid plate is made in house at JGR. You can buy different carbon fiber skid plates from lightspeed or carbon fiber works.

Maybe, but it bears quite a resemblence:

http://www.lightspee...d=2&prevstart=0

CFW doesn't list a similar product (a skid plate with integral case guards).

• BASSic

Posted April 28, 2008 - 12:47 PM

I found a carbon fiber skidplate on the trails last weekend. It looks almost new; I'm guessing someone forgot to torque the bolts properly.

Unfortunately it doesn't fit my 426, and I have no idea what it's for.

• todds924

Posted April 28, 2008 - 03:56 PM

Here is a pic of the motor mounts they developed to help cornering. Talking to their suspension tech he told me that they tested quite a bit and found that if they went too far the bike acted like there was a hinge in the middle. BTW they hope to sell alot of the parts they are manufacturing in the near future.
Posted Image

Anybody have a close up of this picture. Kind of hard to see exactly what was done. Also, anyone seen a picture of the upper mounts????? I have a guy with a CNC mill who does Fab work on indy cars. I wanted to buy a set of mounts this week and give them to him to mess around with. Anybody?????

• rickallen124

Posted April 28, 2008 - 07:25 PM

Sorry the pics aren't any better, I need to invest in a better camera. In short they used a different aluminum and milled the pieces out a little.

• rickallen124

Posted April 28, 2008 - 07:41 PM

Maybe this will be a little better
Posted Image

• grayracer513

Posted April 28, 2008 - 08:20 PM

Try this:

Posted Image

• todds924

Posted April 29, 2008 - 08:11 PM

Try this:

Posted Image

Thanks Rick and Thanks Gray...thats what i was after. I picked up a set of lower mounts today for 15 bucks...........the upper ones were a little more... I will get them over to my guy and hopefully have them for Glen helen this weekend. I will post some pictures when there done and let you know if i felt a difference.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.