Electric Start for 02 WR426?

5 replies to this topic
  • Nathanael

Posted April 27, 2008 - 07:40 AM

Are there any mods out there to add electric start to the 02 426's? I'm really getting tired of not getting off the start line with everybody else and spending the whole race fighting for passes.

• xr_man

Posted April 27, 2008 - 07:45 AM

Have u fitted the auto decomp cam ???
if not ....then do it ....your bike will start as easy as a 2 stroke

• PBDBLUE

Posted April 27, 2008 - 08:54 AM

Are there any mods out there to add electric start to the 02 426's? I'm really getting tired of not getting off the start line with everybody else and spending the whole race fighting for passes.

Several years ago there used to be an aftermarket setup but it was kind of a kludge, heavy and very expensive (like over $1000). I don't think many were sold and it's long since disappeared. Haven't seen any other solutions since. At that price you'd be better off selling the 426 and buying a used 450.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Nathanael

Posted April 27, 2008 - 12:50 PM

Have u fitted the auto decomp cam ???
if not ....then do it ....your bike will start as easy as a 2 stroke

Haven't done that yet...have to look into it. Is that pretty difficult to do?

And PBDBLUE, yeah at that price it wouldn't be worth it at all. Wish I could afford a newer bike! :thumbsup:

• JMathis

Posted April 28, 2008 - 04:27 PM

The auto decomp exhaust is the best thing that you can do. It is amazing how easy it is to kick the bike over. The process is not difficult if you follow the directions. The instructions are on this site somewhere. The cam will cost you about $100 and it is worth $1000.:eek:

• djrevz

Posted April 29, 2008 - 04:46 AM

Here u go this will show u how to install the intake and exhaust hot-cams but u can just do the 1 cam

http://www.hotcamsin...ndex.cfm?...eo

go on the yz250 1st and 2nd they are very similar to the wr specs with hot-cams

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.