Hand Guards

25 replies to this topic
  • hoppalong426

Posted November 17, 2002 - 05:56 PM

I'm in need of some new hand guards. Thinking of possibly trying some type of wrap arounds!! Any Idea's??

• blue_beast_wins

Posted November 17, 2002 - 07:09 PM

I use the original "bark busters" made in Aus, they provide th best protection out of anything we can get over here. :)

• banffboy

Posted November 17, 2002 - 08:41 PM

acerbis rally pro

• xr600r

Posted November 17, 2002 - 09:10 PM

• Tennessee_Thumper

Posted November 17, 2002 - 09:59 PM

For the money/quality its hard to beat Enduro Engineering.I also like the looks of the Cycra Pro-Bend.

• The_Missile

Posted November 18, 2002 - 03:38 AM

Cycra Pro Bend. Indestructible.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted November 18, 2002 - 04:23 AM

3rd that on the Enduro Engineering Units...

Posted Image

• Jeff_Magnusson

Posted November 18, 2002 - 08:03 AM

My Rally Pros work great and have saved me from purchasing many clutch and brake levers. Worth every penny.

• endurodog

Posted November 18, 2002 - 10:06 AM

I have used the Pro Rally for a few years now and I like the protection but the mounting system for protapers I seem to have problems with. Bolt holes strip, or they come loose, I round out the hex head bolts they have.

Does anyone else have these problems with other mounting systems??

Posted November 18, 2002 - 10:17 AM

I second the Cycra guards, they are bulletproof.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Math

Posted November 18, 2002 - 11:43 AM

Hey guys,

You may use Cycra guards but they are twice as expensive as the enduroeng's right now :). For many things, I'm willing to pay the price but an aluminium bar is and remains an aluminium bar. Why should we spend a hundred $ on those Cycra?

just my opinion... :D

Math :D

• Hick

Posted November 18, 2002 - 12:34 PM

You may use Cycra guards but they are twice as expensive as the enduroeng's right now . For many things, I'm willing to pay the price but an aluminium bar is and remains an aluminium bar. Why should we spend a hundred $ on those Cycra?

I agree, most Cycra stuff is overpriced, but they have also served me well and I have no complaints on the three or four things I've bought from them.

But I'd pay the extra for the Pro Bends. I think Fredette, Moose, EE and others (basically the same, EE may be making all of them) are fine, but when riding my friend's bike, with Moose guards I believe, I do notice the outside of my hand contacting the guard.

So there is a difference, it may not be worth the extra $$ to some people but there it is...

The triple clamp inner mounts for all types of barkbusters are the best thing since sliced bread IMO. They are also expensive, only Cycra and GYT-R make them.

• tetfsu

Posted November 18, 2002 - 12:49 PM

I am getting rid of my acerbis and getting the Endro Eng.

• Wicked_Crash

Posted November 18, 2002 - 01:24 PM

I have Ralley Pros. I've also had a problem with the mounting. It's either tighten the bolts too tight and strip them or have the mounts not tight enough and have the guards twist and bend when you hit the ground. I think I'm going to go with the Cycras next.

Hey tetfsu, uncork the beast, let it roar

• Waxer

Posted November 18, 2002 - 02:48 PM

I use the classic Acerbis, they fit my Pro Tapers well & don't have the added weight of the steel bars that most of the others have.

• RCannon

Posted November 18, 2002 - 02:50 PM

I know were supposed to be looking at the handguards, but that skidplate looks too pretty to use! Very nice!

• WR4FUN

Posted November 18, 2002 - 02:57 PM

I have a cheaper brand of guards w/ the aluminium and molded plastic similar to the Ralley Pros. I found the the guards work fine but the hardware is cheesy and loosened up as well. A couple drops of "Loc Tite" fixed it just fine. The next set will probably be a name brand though.

• blue_beast_wins

Posted November 18, 2002 - 08:48 PM

Bryan's bike looks brand new!!

• Math

Posted November 19, 2002 - 04:15 AM

I agree with Cannon and Beast. Is Bryan riding or washing this bike? :) :D
Just kittin' :D

• SoCalWR426

Posted November 20, 2002 - 06:39 AM

Hoppalong, After buying, installing and sending back several hand gaurds because I didn't like the way they fit. I just installed MOTONATION Wackers. The hardware and fit are superb!.... SoCal

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.