Finally got to try the Pro Taper clamps

13 replies to this topic
  • yzmerf105

Posted April 26, 2008 - 02:00 PM

Well after 6 months off i finally got back on the track today. I had only ridden about 4 laps with the clamps before the lay off so today was the first time i really got to try them. I can honestly say they were the best thing i have added yet for me. It was much easier to keep it in the ruts. Here are some pics just for grins.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• clamber

Posted April 26, 2008 - 02:57 PM

Can I ride it?

• nap__kxf

Posted April 26, 2008 - 03:43 PM

where did you get that stand? price? color options?

• almostinvincible119

Posted April 26, 2008 - 03:55 PM

where did you get that stand? price? color options?

thatd be universal...boss. they are about 90 bucks, got a rainbow o colors

you straight pro tapered that biznich out. clamps, grips, sprockets, doughnuts.

thanks for the review on the clamps, i was waitin to drop some coin on em. will do now, when the steed is back running agian.

• Aka.Goose

Posted April 26, 2008 - 04:03 PM

Are the clamps offset at all? The way different tripple clamps help isn't something I'm familiar with...
What about the ProTapers allows them to "keep in the ruts" better than stock?
Don't mean to sound like a dick, would just like to be educated about this...

• yzmerf105

Posted April 26, 2008 - 04:05 PM

Dont forget the hand guards!
Posted Image

One of the coolest things about the clamps is how adjustable they are. I am running the medium elastomers with them quit a bit forward since i still have the stock 06 bend. I think i want to get the taller risers just for grins

• yzmerf105

Posted April 26, 2008 - 07:03 PM

I guess i could have been more specific. They have 22.5 offset. another thing i did not mention is the rubber mounts seem to help with arm pump. I did not ride a lot today but i just realized that my forearms are not tight at all and that is usually a big problem for me. It might also be how far i moved the bars forward keeps me more forward.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Aka.Goose

Posted April 26, 2008 - 07:08 PM

I think i want to get the taller risers just for grins

Will the ProTapers with the tall risers fit a Scott's damper?

• yzmerf105

Posted April 26, 2008 - 07:37 PM

They make a top clamp for steering dampeners. I just saw it on the website.

• Aka.Goose

Posted April 26, 2008 - 08:11 PM

They make a top clamp for steering dampeners. I just saw it on the website.

Yeah thanks man...I was thinking/typing at the same time...Then went to their site too...

• ProjectDIRT

Posted April 26, 2008 - 09:58 PM

i have the same clamps and i love them made a huge diff on the track.

• steve 112

Posted April 27, 2008 - 07:03 AM

Scotts makes top clamps for pretty much every setup.You just have to take a few measurements listed on their site and then order it up.If you get top clamp from scotts it will be silver.Since i have applied tripple clamps scotts sent me to BRP since they are black not silver.Looks sharp,same price.

• brianmx

Posted April 27, 2008 - 07:27 AM

i ordered a set for my rmz450 but they have been on back order for a month and a half. which sucks because i crashed and broke the stock ones. So can't ride untill those things come in. hurry,hurry,hurry,hurry for the love of god HURRY.

• djtroy

Posted April 28, 2008 - 01:01 PM

I have the same graphics I love the black seat much better than the grey one.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.