Hello everybody!!!

4 replies to this topic
  • yznvegas

Posted May 07, 2002 - 04:22 PM

Hi everyone, this is my first post to this board and I just wanted to say hi to everyone.

I do have one question, I just brought my YZ426 home today and the dealer I got it at had no manual and said it doesnt have to be broken in?? (It is brand new).

Do I need to break it in and if so, how?

• jplear

Posted May 07, 2002 - 04:31 PM

Yes , You should get the manual, its also a pretty complete shop manual. Run it at varing thottle for the first hour not to hard. I would also change the oil and filter after the first 3 rides. Get the dealer to supply you the manual. also remove the cork and cut your thottle stop.....
Good luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yznvegas

Posted May 07, 2002 - 04:43 PM

Jplear, thanks for the reply.

What does "remove the cork and cut the throttle stop mean"?

Sorry if that sounds stupid.

Also, after the first hour can I get on the throttle?

• WRFUN

Posted May 07, 2002 - 04:52 PM

yznvegas,

You have a YZ, forget about the cork and throttle stop, thats for us WR folks. Have fun and be careful.

Pete :)

• yznvegas

Posted May 07, 2002 - 04:58 PM

Ok so forget about the sea life (de octopussing) :)

But can I romp on the throttle yet? Someone please say YES.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.