2008 AIS removal

4 replies to this topic
  • wartsnuff

Posted April 25, 2008 - 01:06 PM

Hey Guys,

I know this has been posted to death. but i have not seen it for a 2008 model year. not sure whats changes were made if any from the 2007 model year

fist i removed the seat and all the plastics,

Posted Image

Then with small pair of pliers i pulled the tube fitting off
Posted Image

Then removed the 2 x8mm bolts holding the AIS unit in place
Posted Image

Pull the clamp off the tube and feed the air box tube out.
Posted Image

Put sealant and plug in the block off plug
Posted Image
Posted Image

Finshed! well almost still have to put the plastics back on
Posted Image

The AIS unit complete
Posted Image

and the project complete
Posted Image

I do have one question, the rear plug was not friction fit at all... it just would slip in without any effort :thumbsup: does that seem right

also note i didnt have to remove the rad or even unbolt there is plenty of room without getting close to damaging the rad!

anyhow, sorry for posting this procedure again

cheers
Warts

• Dube2

Posted April 25, 2008 - 02:39 PM

what about the carb mods? it took me all day because I removed the sub-frame. I didn't remove the tube/hoses as california is getting pretty wierd on the green sticker bikes. So you can't tell on my bike as I just plugged the hoses up. :ride:

same for 07 from what i hear...........:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wartsnuff

Posted April 25, 2008 - 06:17 PM

well i live in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada,

the bike will never be in california :thumbsup:

so no worries to me.

cheers
Warts

• JSanfilippo

Posted April 25, 2008 - 06:37 PM

Did you plug that fitting from the airbox? If not, your bike is going to suck in dirty air from there. (the fitting is behind the airfilter, therefore the AIS draws clean filtered air instead of dirty airbox air)

I just re-read and saw the rear plug was slip fit. Either put some silicone on it or plug it using a vaccum plug w/ hose clamp

• wartsnuff

Posted April 27, 2008 - 06:58 AM

Did you plug that fitting from the airbox? If not, your bike is going to suck in dirty air from there. (the fitting is behind the airfilter, therefore the AIS draws clean filtered air instead of dirty airbox air)

I just re-read and saw the rear plug was slip fit. Either put some silicone on it or plug it using a vaccum plug w/ hose clamp

yea no pics of me pluging it. the kit came with a plug.. i siliconed it as well just to be sure.

but thanks for heads up just in case i didn't :thumbsup:

cheers
Warts

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.