Can my 450 take a Harley ?

16 replies to this topic
  • Blackmax

Posted April 24, 2008 - 10:14 PM

My neighbour has a brand new Harley and he is hellbent on racing my 07 WR 450. I have all the mods done and am average riding skill on the street. I have never ridden a Harley and have no idea how fast they are. Maybe I could take him up to 50 or 60 m.p.h. ?

• brad the best

Posted April 24, 2008 - 10:24 PM

what harley ? personally racing people on my wr450 on the road doesn't work , ether the front tire goes in the air or the rear tire goes sideways till 4th-5th gear . the rear tire really limits you if its a dirt tire .

i would say you could take him , i would of already raced him though .

• woody12

Posted April 24, 2008 - 10:35 PM

ive got a 05 wr 450 my dads got a 95 inch screamin eagle road glide harley and i take hime up to about third then he catches me and loses me.

• Blackmax

Posted April 24, 2008 - 10:40 PM

I might throw on a pair of tires and see if I can bring him down a notch. I am about 50 lbs lighter than him. I believe his bike is completely stock.

• MaxPower

Posted April 25, 2008 - 01:39 AM

[COLOR="Green"]read the ahhh dang post by rubber band man and learn a lesson[/COLOR]

• SXP

Posted April 25, 2008 - 04:56 AM

My neighbour has a brand new Harley and he is hellbent on racing my 07 WR 450. I have all the mods done and am average riding skill on the street. I have never ridden a Harley and have no idea how fast they are. Maybe I could take him up to 50 or 60 m.p.h. ?

:thumbsup:

• clark4131

Posted April 25, 2008 - 05:05 AM

Marcus has relatives in Canada. Who knew? :thumbsup:...SC

• Blackmax

Posted April 25, 2008 - 10:08 AM

I guess we need to keep ourselves entertained since we don't race semi-trucks,lawnmowers or motorized barstools. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR_RON

Posted April 25, 2008 - 12:47 PM

Some where on you tube,I seen a Honda CR500 out running all kinds of street bikes,it was at a 1/4 mile strip,starting light tree,and MPH/time sign, it was beating bikes with bigger engines on a track,not some good ole boys dragging,it was official.

• brad the best

Posted April 25, 2008 - 04:51 PM

I guess we need to keep ourselves entertained since we don't race semi-trucks,lawnmowers or motorized barstools. :thumbsup:

i don't know what part of b.c you live in but in kamloops the racing of lawnmowers with snowmobile or dirt bike engines is a dam good Thursday .

• Blackmax

Posted April 25, 2008 - 04:57 PM

Hey Brad, I would love to race one of those things. I'm actually jelous of the motorsports available in the States.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted April 25, 2008 - 07:50 PM

Seriously... with the entire wealth of knowledge on TT, you could ask almost any question about bikes from front to back, top to bottom.

And you use this valuable resource to ask about racing a harley ?:ride: :rant:

who gives a :thumbsup:

• rozero1234

Posted April 28, 2008 - 09:02 PM

tell him that round one goes to him and round two is a short scramble across baja. laugh a little then walk away. unless you've got a motard, then race him, beat him, then jump him.

• yamazuki10

Posted April 29, 2008 - 05:59 AM

That's too funny that i came accross this thread.Just this past weekend my neighbor, who has an 05 Harley softail, is always talking crap about my "jap trap dirtbikes". So I finally challenged him with my stock wr 400. We got out on the road and he could'nt catch me until we hit 80. Which really suprised me that I had that kind of top end. That took a lil wind outta his sail.:eek:

• STECKNINE

Posted April 29, 2008 - 06:47 AM

We just got done working on Harley's in Laughlin Nv, I tell you what! I have never seen so many expensive pices of crap in my life! I guarantee my 08 wr 450 would spank 90% of those bikes..:eek: Especially up hill...

• zimak

Posted April 29, 2008 - 08:32 AM

Yeah agree with a condition.

2 out of 3.
1 straight drag
2 up a good steep dirt hill
3 rd wont matter as his will still be laying on its side on the hill

• face_plant

Posted April 29, 2008 - 01:16 PM

all ya do is take off in second powershift 3-4 (smoking clutch) hit 5 and wait til he shows up saying ***

stock gearing i did 98 motard 110 (dammn head shake) and that was 1/2 throttle

just stay on the front fender

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.