RG3 Linkage Photos to Stock Comparison

5 replies to this topic
  • twenty34

Posted April 24, 2008 - 07:46 PM

There's been a lot of discussion in the CRF forum regarding aftermarket linkages. In this case, I bolted on an RG3 for a 08 CRF 450.

Here's the pics for anyone curious as how they measure compared up to stock. Sorry, only pics, but you can clearly see where the differences are.

RG3 is in black.

All the best.

http://www.thumperta...576#post6292576

• Ga426owner

Posted April 25, 2008 - 07:06 AM

Rick just curious - what is gained on a 08 CRF from this mod? The linkage looks to be identical in length to the stock - is the pivot part where the difference lies?
On the 03 YZf450 which turns/corners like a freightliner stock, the StormLink helps tighten this up by changing the geometry of the steering with the correct sag.
Is this a problem on the 08 CRF? I thought the bike corners and handles turns very well.....and thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

• twenty34

Posted April 25, 2008 - 07:30 AM

Rick just curious - what is gained on a 08 CRF from this mod? The linkage looks to be identical in length to the stock - is the pivot part where the difference lies?
On the 03 YZf450 which turns/corners like a freightliner stock, the StormLink helps tighten this up by changing the geometry of the steering with the correct sag.
Is this a problem on the 08 CRF? I thought the bike corners and handles turns very well.....and thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

All good questions. The long arm is about the same length, but pay attention to the black rocker pivot compared to stock. This alters the curve when the rear is traveling thru whoops, braking chop and driving our of corners as the rear compresses at a more linear rate with this product compared to stock.

It has less to do with steering, but turning can acualy be affected depending on what it does to the race SAG meaurements. After putting it on, my SAG seems to be a little less than beforehand. This of courase would affect the turning of the bike.

The bike does ride great, once you get it dialed, but like with any bike, fine tuning to a riders preference is why we spend money in this sport. Using this new linkage is about fine tuning and potentially helping in a few key areas as mentioned. I just put it on so I don't have a ride report as of yet, but all other ride reports are positive about it's performance.

Besides, it looks cool. :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 25, 2008 - 07:56 AM

I'm curious as to why this post is here. RG3 makes no linkage components for YZF's and YZ's are not noted by anyone for having rear suspension issues related to linkage. The whole thing seems quite well off topic, and I'm inclined to move it to the general forum where it might be of use to a Suzuki or Kawasaki rider.

• Ga426owner

Posted April 25, 2008 - 08:06 AM

I'm curious as to why this post is here. RG3 makes no linkage components for YZF's and YZ's are not noted by anyone for having rear suspension issues related to linkage. The whole thing seems quite well off topic, and I'm inclined to move it to the general forum where it might be of use to a Suzuki or Kawasaki rider.

Grey, I think Rick misses us and just doesn't get the high esteemed, thoughtful and technical discussions that you and I and many others here can offer.....:thumbsup:

• twenty34

Posted April 25, 2008 - 11:23 AM

Grey, I think Rick misses us and just doesn't get the high esteemed, thoughtful and technical discussions that you and I and many others here can offer.....:rant:

Sorry guys. I didn't realize these aren't made for YZ's as they already handle so well out of the box.:ride:

Feel free to move it if you wish.

I was only interested in sharing information, but in this case, it's my oversite.

all the best everyone. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.