where to buy a crated new bike for out of state shipment

7 replies to this topic
  • swatdoc

Posted April 24, 2008 - 07:08 PM

Hey guys - I'm looking to get one of the new TT-R110E's for my wife, but the Yamaha dealers in Hawaii all get their bikes from the same distributer, who in turn get their Yamahas directly from Japan.
apparently the new 110's are made in the usa, and none of the local dealers can get them here!
Can you guys help me find a dealer (preferrably California or at least west coast) that sells new bikes still in the crate, and that do out of state sales. Hopefully a discount dealer to help offset the shipping costs to Hawaii

thanks

• William1

Posted April 25, 2008 - 03:35 AM

Swat, did you contact Harry at the TT OEM Store?
sales@oem.thumpertalk.com

• Aka.Goose

Posted April 25, 2008 - 08:37 AM

Try these guys...Best prices in the LA area...Tons of crated bikes in their wherehouse right next to LAX...

www.OTDcyclesports.com

• tonypitcock79

Posted April 25, 2008 - 09:57 AM

did not know any manufacture would sell a crated bike because of liability issues,you put it together and front wheel falls off,get hurt,sue dealer.I do know some dealers that will assemble for check list, re-crate and ship. good luck

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted April 25, 2008 - 03:40 PM

did not know any manufacture would sell a crated bike because of liability issues,you put it together and front wheel falls off,get hurt,sue dealer.I do know some dealers that will assemble for check list, re-crate and ship. good luck

Some dealers will simply sign the check list and have you initial it. Do not ask me how I know.....

• swatdoc

Posted April 25, 2008 - 06:58 PM

thanks guys - i'll contact them!

• Aka.Goose

Posted April 26, 2008 - 02:58 PM

thanks guys - i'll contact them!

Swatdoc, let me know how that goes...I have a buddy on Oahu that'd be interested in the info you find out...Thanks!

• swatdoc

Posted April 27, 2008 - 12:03 PM

will do Goose
it's weird here how they can't get certain bikes. No TT-R125's or Rhinos over here either!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.