tire options? 2007 wr 450

12 replies to this topic
  • chevytrkn1

Posted April 24, 2008 - 06:32 PM

Only have about 150 miles from last summer on my 2007 wr 450, I did not like the stock front tire at all and i see the read tire wont last long. The bike has dr.d exhaust, jd jetted, and i ride just about every terrain except sand.

Mainly concerned with the front tire?

thanks

• BigBelly

Posted April 24, 2008 - 07:11 PM

I asked this question about two weeks ago and got quite a few responses. I chose to go with a Bridgestone 601 front and 602 rear. It made a huge difference getting away from that stock 730 pile of poop.

Really happy so far with the 601 on the front...

• garr87v

Posted April 24, 2008 - 09:17 PM

I like the maxxis max cross ht front, I ran on my old bike and enjoyed it. When the stock one on my wr wears out that's what I'm using.:thumbsup:

• brad the best

Posted April 24, 2008 - 10:25 PM

I like the maxxis max cross ht front, I ran on my old bike and enjoyed it. When the stock one on my wr wears out that's what I'm using.:thumbsup:

i also use those awesome tires .

• chevytrkn1

Posted April 25, 2008 - 06:18 AM

thanks guys, need to change front forsure, Now if it would only quit snowing i could ride

• dugabrams

Posted April 25, 2008 - 07:44 AM

The stock front is soooo bad, I wouldn't wait another day before replacing it. When you do, whatever tire you put on will become the best front tire youve ever seen. My vote goes to Pirelli Scorpion Pro.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr_matt

Posted April 29, 2008 - 11:20 PM

The stock front tire is a death wish out here in the soft stuff... I just put on a Maxxis Desert IT on the front. I haven't had a chance to ride it yet, but I am expecting a significant improvement.:eek:

• MotoGoalie

Posted April 30, 2008 - 01:50 PM

The Dunlop 952s are the best, hands down for everything from sand to mud to rocks....

• blue07450

Posted April 30, 2008 - 05:55 PM

while the stock 739's suck....bad!.......the dunlop 756 is a great tracking and stable ride tire .....thats what i use and i ride on really hard packed dirt and rocks i.e. hollister and carnegie, ca

• kevinwr450f

Posted April 30, 2008 - 06:15 PM

Michelin work well in most conditions and are extremely durable

• kreativecid

Posted May 01, 2008 - 05:09 AM

I've always had good luck with the Pirelli Scorpion Pro (both versions) and the 756 from dunflop.

• mikeythefokker

Posted May 01, 2008 - 10:02 PM

On my 07, Ive run the stock dunlops, a new set of michelins(both front and rear), a bridgestone rear only, and am now about halfway through a set of the maxxis IT series tires, and the winners are----the maxxis. They have performed the best, and have worn the best too. None of the other tires were bad, I would rank the michelin last though. The bridgestones were very nice but wore out quickly. Just my 2 cents.

• chevytrkn1

Posted May 10, 2008 - 09:11 PM

thanks guys, Im gonna get something ordered soon, ridin seasons finally here

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.