running rough when hot???

1 reply to this topic
  • danny-goddard

Posted April 24, 2008 - 02:38 PM

hi there my wr 426 runs mint when i first crack it up but as soon as the engine starts to warm if i rev it the engine takes a while to settle back down?? also when im riding if i give it the beans it misfires a little?? the mods are- throtle stop screw cut down,lid taken off air box, extra holes in air box,yzf header pipe with race end can, standed jetting.:thumbsup: any help will be great cheers danny

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted April 24, 2008 - 03:48 PM

Hanging idle typically means you need to open the fuel screw more or possibly need a larger pilot or have a vauum leak.

For the other issue, does it run better when cold than get worse as it heats up? If so, the needle is a bit rich, try moving the clip closer to the flat. If it is the opposite, move the clip the other direction.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.